Review material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tictac

Reaction score
I have passed the 16 hour SE but since some states don't accept this exam for PE licensure I'm planning to sit for the Civil-Structural PE this April. Trying to figure out what review materials i need in addition to the books I already have from the SE. Any suggestions beyond the following?

CERM

CERM Practice Problems

PPI Civil PE Practice Exam

NCEES Practice Exam

Does the PPI Structural depth reference manual offer anything that my PPI Structural engineering reference manual doesn't already have?

I passed the PE in October 2012, SE in April 2013. My preparation for the PE was purchasing the CERM and taking the NCEES practice exam under simulated exam conditions. I felt good enough about the results that I didn't bother dedicating additional study for PE prep. For clarity, my PE references were CERM, SERM, AISC, ACI, TMS, PCA Notes, and a Mechanics of Materials text, IIRC.

So, if you've prepared for and recently passed the SE, you are probably ready to sit for, and pass, the PE. Obviously the depth, breadth, and format will vary - but those are all known and quantified. My suggestion is to gather your references and take the NCEES practice PE-Structural prior to anything else. Evaluate your needs based on that result.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back