PE (Power) books for sale - Electrical - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
power62

PE (Power) books for sale

Since I passed my PE exam recently I am selling some of my references/books. All of them are in brand new condition (with no marks or highlighting).

1. PE (electrical) by Chelapati Vol. 1 3rd Edition: $60 (SOLD)

2. PPI Power Practice Problems: $40 (same book selling at Amazon or PPI for about $75). (SOLD)

3. 2011 NEC Codebook (paperback): $50

4. Spin Up PE Power Sample Exams : $50 (SOLD)

5. Complex Imaginary Sample Exams (Volumes 3 & 4): $30 (SOLD)

Lots of other reference material on different NCEES specified subjects including my own cheat sheets.

Edited by power62

What is the diff on the codebook and handbook?

Codebook includes all the NEC codes (regulations). Typically sells for about $80-90.

Handbooks contains all the NEC codes as well as expert commentary or explanation of the code regulations. Typically sells for about $150-170.

Codebook includes all the NEC codes (regulations). Typically sells for about $80-90.

Handbooks contains all the NEC codes as well as expert commentary or explanation of the code regulations. Typically sells for about $150-170.

So, how it compared when taking the test? I am familiar with NEC code enough but not that much

You do not need to know NEC inside out for the test. You should be familiar with main aspects (ampacity tables, voltage drop, grounding, breaker sizing etc) and should know where to look for the information. Handbook has colored graphics/explanation etc, hardcover/bulky while code is paperback. I could not tell which one is better.