iPhone/iPad/droid. Games.. Apps. What yah got?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone plays on their "devices"?

I have played tower madness just about every way you can, great time killer if your waiting on a meeting, waiting on your kid to finish lessons, etc..

Also recommend zombie gunship, but after a while it does get old..

I just downloaded Star Wars falcons arcade, have to say so far so good, you start out as the gunner in the millennium falcon what's not to like?..

What else am I missing out on? Never got into angry birds....

Bad Piggies is pretty fun, made from the same folks that make Angry Birds... you build cars, planes,helis,etc to complete the game... it's got everything from gravity power to soda bottles to rockets and V8s...

Most of the apps on my Galaxy Tab 2 are for Mini-OSU... Super Monkey Jr, Dr Panda,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc (mostly from Amazon's Free-App-of-the-day)... Although I did pay for Sim City Deluxe from Google Play... I think it's the only app I've ever payed for...

I have Bad Piggies, SW Angry Birds, and Sector Strike (like Gradius) on my phone.

On the iPad mini-mizzou has a ton, but I have Dead Trigger and a game from Adult Swim where you catch animals from jumping to their deaths, kinda funny.

My boys wanted the Jurasic Park Builder but I commandeered it. You have to design the park with money you earn from the dinos. Its pretty addictive although not a first person shooter style. They also like the dinosaur hunter shooter game. I got into the world war game but it took too much devotion.

Semi-addicted to Frontline Commando on the iPhone. Good third person type shooter game with easy controls/interface.

I really liked DrawRace 2, but it would keep crashing and the only way to get it to load again was to reset the player data (you basically draw your cars lines/laps out first. Pretty tough to get right without going off in corners, etc., but not so hard that its a turnoff)

for my kindle fire...solitare, sodoku, mahjong, jewels, crossword puzzle, beavers revenge (angry bird type thing), lots of kids stuff for minisnick.

I tend to not play very many games on my phone because my battery sucks. If I play Angry Birds, the battery lasts at best 45 minutes. But the games I do have and play on occasion (where I'm close to a charger) are:

Stupid Zombies - similar to Angry Birds, except you have to shoot zombies by ricocheting bullets around the screen

Fruit Ninja - your finger is a ninja sword used to cut fruit flying across the screen while trying to avoid cutting inter-mixed bombs

Unblock me - puzzle game where you have to strategically move wood blocks around to move one specific block out of the screen

Teeter - A balancing game similar to the old Labyrinth games, where you have to tilt your phone to move the ball from one point to another without falling into traps.

Assassin's Creed, shurikin ninja, shuffle party (like shuffle board bowling), mahjong, logic puzzles, checkers, cribbage - some games I got just for the kids to entertain themselves @ restaurants, etc

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I like the puzzle and solve'm games (not the find'em hidden picture ones) and wish there were more. Bought a game called Mechinarium for $5. It's a good tab game, for about 8-10 hrs of game time. I also have SPC - Music Sketchpad 2, It's kind of fun to noodle around with a beat over the stereo and jam along with it when I'm bored. Am probably going to buy Final Fantasy III from google play this weekend.

Only game I have is WordBlast Free.

Otherwise if I'm waiting for someone, I'll just read on the Kindle App. I keep a whole series in there, so its not like I'm about to run outta books!

Latest posts

Back