October Seismic/Survey Results Timeline

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gueuze

Reaction score
Greetings

I took the survey test on November 3rd and am dying to get the results already. Last time the board was able to churn out the results in about 3 weeks. What's everyone opinion of when we'll hear back?

Basically I'm nervous to find out and if we sit around and speculate we might feel better about it. I'm hoping for mid December results, am I crazy?

I am in the same boat. It seems however that California was always among the last states to come up with the results.

What do you mean by 'three weeks'? Perhaps you mean the July re-take of the botched April '12 Survey exam? I think that was an anomaly.

If it helps, when I took the Seismic (my last of the three exams) in Oct '11 results were sent out late December (for all three exams). I found out I passed from the updated licensing database (Dec 30 I believe). I received my actual letter in the mail early January.

So, it could be late Dec/early Jan but now that the Surv and Seis are CBT, maybe it'll be sooner. ? In the past, the state liked to hold on to all the results until they had the results for all three exams, and then send them out all at once. I think they released the 8 hr and the state exam results separately last administration. So who knows. I'd be prepared for results to be released late Dec (receive early Jan) but keep your fingers crossed for early/mid Dec.

Best of luck to everyone.

I got a response from the board and I thought I would share it:

"With the advent of CBT administrations, our goal is less than 45 days for all the state exams and we hope to meet that timeline."

This would mean December 19th, 45 days from November 7th, the last day of CBT exams.

"With the advent of CBT administrations, our goal is less than 45 days for all the state exams and we hope to meet that timeline."

This would mean December 19th, 45 days from November 7th, the last day of CBT exams.
Thanks for posting. Hopefully December 19th is the date!

Thanks for posting. Hopefully December 19th is the date!
I wasn't confident that December 19 was the date.

I called the board yesterfday and the results are going to be released at the end of this week or next week after Christmas - this assumes the employee i spoke with really knew, but who knows).

Just called the Board and they said they will be mailed out within next two weeks. i.e by Jan 4th.

Just called the Board and they said they will be mailed out within next two weeks. i.e by Jan 4th.
Depends who you talk to. They say this because this is the diplomatic response - to provide a date 8 weeks after the last exam date which is November 7th.

I realize we're coming off as overbearing to the rest of the forum folk, but speaking for myself I can't wait to get that stamp that I studied for years to get!!!!!

Best wishes all Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

has anyone's name shown up yet on the license look up website yet who just needed to take the seismic and/or survey tests?

I'm checking the license look up everyday hoping to see my name but it's not show up yet. I'm afraid I did not pass the Surveying exam. I already passed the civil and seismic last year, but it seems I'm stuck in the Surveying. I feel very bad.

Iam stuck on surveying as well.. This was my 4th try and I thought I did very well last Oct and was sure about atleast 30-35 question .. Here I get my fail letter again and not sure what to do any more I am losing hope..

Thanks for the update! there's still hope =D

I am out of town for the holidays. i also listed my work address as the place to mail my results. unfortunately, my building is closed over the holidays so i can't get mail until we get back after New Year's. the data base is the only way I will know if I passed/failed anytime soon!

Does anyone know if the database has been updated yet? It says last updated December 23rd, which i find odds since I thought they only update M-F. Does anyone's name appear on there who had just passed the survey or seismic this time around?

Check your mailboxes! The results came in a mail today. Passed both Seismic and Surveying! Good luck to all of you!

Yeah, I just got the Surveying results and I Passed! I am a PE now. Good luck to all. The database is not update yet with the current licensees.

Back