AASHTO 2010 Interim Revisions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are the 2010 Interim Revisions required for the AASHTO LRFD design standard? The NCEES Civil-Structural list of Design Standards does not make note them. However, the NCEES Structural Exam notes, "The 2010 Interim is not required." Why they left this off the Civil-Structural list I have no idea.

I passed the SE Vertical Exam with the 2008 Interim Revisions so I wouldn't worry about it for the Civil PE. There were probably 5-8 AASHTO questions on the SE, but you may see 2-3 on the PE and they would be pretty generic stuff...in fact, I didn't even have an AASHTO manual when I passed in 2010. Unless you are taking the SE Bridge specific, don't worry about spending the extra $$ on it.

Thanks for the reply. I agree it probably won't matter, but I wanted to get my ducks in a row.

I got a copy off ebay for about half the price for my company. It included the revisions. I've gone through some of them and am suprised at the number of mistakes. They are mostly just typos which would cause confusion, but won't really change your answer to a question.

I sent the question into NCEES. I'll post there response here.

Back