Consolidation and compaction AM Geotech

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilestar

Reaction score
I plan to take Transpo depth. Apart from knowing the basic defintions what else I need to know for the morning portion. I am studying from CERM I have only covered consoliation test so far. Do I need to know the influence chart and how to calculate primary and secondary consolidation? Thanks for your help

It's almost guaranteed you'll need to know how to calculate primary settlement for the morning section. Definitely study up on this.

Usually a question like this includes a borrow scenario where you're excavating, hauling, and placing material from one site to another while tracking the material's compaction and moisture content.

Usually a question like this includes a borrow scenario where you're excavating, hauling, and placing material from one site to another while tracking the material's compaction and moisture content.
To clarify, sac's referring to a fill volume calculation, which is different from consolidation. Consol problems typically knvolve computing the settlement of an in situ soil layer as a function of surcharge, cv, drainage height, and time.

Back