Highest non-passing score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teammike

Reaction score
I have seen several people score a 49, that seems to be the highest. (and before everyone comes on and tells me that different tests have different cut scores, I am aware of that.)

I have seen several people score a 49, that seems to be the highest. (and before everyone comes on and tells me that different tests have different cut scores, I am aware of that.)
I took it in April 2010 and got either a 50 or 51 and still failed (in DE). I'm not 100% about the test compares nationally, but the story that I heard is that each state dictates it's own set of 80 questions from a national pool of approved questions. So failing in one state might be different than failing in another. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting - fingers crossed.

I took it in April 2010 and got either a 50 or 51 and still failed (in DE). I'm not 100% about the test compares nationally, but the story that I heard is that each state dictates it's own set of 80 questions from a national pool of approved questions. So failing in one state might be different than failing in another. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting - fingers crossed.
Say what?! That's a new one on me. If each state administered a different set of 80 questions the process of setting scores, validating, etc.

I was more referring to the fact that different disciplines will have different cut scores. The tests are the same from state to state. It would be too difficult to grade if that were the case and would likely take NCEES 8-10 months

If you are aware of that, why didn't you mention which depth your talking about? There are plenty of scores higher than 49.

Back