Where have all the fans gone?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1144

Reaction score
Does anyone in Texas know of a store that carries 16" oscilating table fans year round? I really don't want to order one over the internet.

Every major retailer has stopped selling them. Even the one manufacture told me they physically stop producing them in july. This is like the time I tried to buy a winter coat. I was travelling to New Hampshire for christmas, and not one damn store sold winter coats. Not even Burlington Coat Factory.

I really don't feel like a wild goose chase, so if any one has some suggestions... let me know.

I saw some on the shelf right next to the 19 in. black and white TV's :D :D

seriously, I hear you. Must be that everyone your way has AC now and no one uses fans anymore.

I don't need them this time of year but, even though I have several window AC units, I prefer my 4-5 pedestal fans in the summer rather than close up tight and turn on the AC.

good luck.

They sell a billion of them in the summer here. AC isn't that cheap yet. Pisses me off cause they still cell ceiling fans, floor drying fans, mini table top fans, and a million of those blowers for the inflatable snow globes. Oh sure, I can buy 10 different inflatable snow globes, but not one 16" fan.

This is the rant room, right?

My mother's birthday is in January. She got a new coat one time and asked for a hat and gloves that went with as a present. I grew up in the northeast where it's plenty cold, mind you.

So, it's the second week of January, and Sears or Penney's has no gloves anywhere. I can buy a t shirt or a sun dress, but no gloves. I asked a stock girl where the gloves were, and she said they don't carry them this time of year.

I flipped out and went off on her right on the spot. In the end, I felt bad because she's just working on the floor, not making corporate decisions, but not having gloves in New England in January is fucking ridiculous.

you try the "internet" B)

I know when I worked at Home Depot, we would stop selling heaters in the spring and fans in the winter (although I think we did keep a small stock of them)

Back