Serious 'how to pass PE exam' strategy advice needed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBH, I didnt read the previous replies thoroughly.  But after failing twice and taking the EET course (Water Resources), I would highly recommend EET if their other disciplines are similar.  The Breadth was a good course, and the Depth was amazing (Nazrul is a great instructor).

Another person said to make an index of the handouts.  EET gave us a sample one which a previous student had made of what topics were on what pages of their handouts.  I added to that one, and I made my own (based on a file I found on here) with practice tests (posted an updated file in another thread), which had the different NCEES topics and where I could find an example problem similar (i.e. horizontal curve -> NCEES 2008 test #117, NCEES 2014 #119), which helped a lot.  

Just don't give up.  If you give up, that is when you are a failure.  It's a beast of a test. 

TBH, I didnt read the previous replies thoroughly.  But after failing twice and taking the EET course (Water Resources), I would highly recommend EET if their other disciplines are similar.  The Breadth was a good course, and the Depth was amazing (Nazrul is a great instructor).

Another person said to make an index of the handouts.  EET gave us a sample one which a previous student had made of what topics were on what pages of their handouts.  I added to that one, and I made my own (based on a file I found on here) with practice tests (posted an updated file in another thread), which had the different NCEES topics and where I could find an example problem similar (i.e. horizontal curve -> NCEES 2008 test #117, NCEES 2014 #119), which helped a lot.  

Just don't give up.  If you give up, that is when you are a failure.  It's a beast of a test. 
Ditto, but took EET first time taking test and passed.  I'm 30 years out of ChemE school

I took testmasters (Excel Test Prep here in the Bay Area, CA), and I thought the PM transportation instructor (Mark Ingram), was amazing. 

Back