Outrageously Anti-American op-ed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Check out this incredibly offensive opinion piece recently posted in one of the Northern Mariana Islands (a U.S. Commonwealth) newspapers:

Pacific Times - P is for Politics

It's long and mostly nonsensical, so I'll briefly summarize it for you: The author is angry that the exploitative Chinese-owned garment manufacturing sector did not get their wish from the US congress to be exempted on how much pre-ft approve In the piece, she sarcastically refers to the US as the "Mother Land", threatens to seced if the US won't give us more handouts, and ends with this wonderful statement:

If you ask me, this is my bottom-line: There is nothing more EXCITING than being able to tel, I can tell you that the NMI gets a pretty sweet deal from the USA - at least $100 million a year in grants without even paying federal taxes!, with a citzen population numbering less than 30,000. And moreover, the people of the NMI voted to become an American commonwealth (in 1976) - probably the only US territory that had that ability. They bargained hard and kept a lot of things for themselves that other territories have never had - such as the ability to set their own minimum wage and immigra

Oh well. First Amendment, right? Right. Frankly, sometimes I hope Uncle Sam listens and decides to finally just say "OK - you're free to go. I've cut you loose, CNMI. Best Wishes and Good Luck!"

Last edited by a moderator:
InterContinental Ballistic Missiles

ICBM

I was just bustin' em

The UN gets there panties in a wad if you mention ICBM's.

So I have taken it upon myself to shorten the terms to IBM's.

The UN gets there panties in a wad if you mention ICBM's.
So I have taken it upon myself to shorten the terms to IBM's.
Who gives so much as a rotten popcorn fart about the UN?

the UN likes to site around discussing the plight of poor people over expensive dinners in NYC

there is a guy in my neighborhood that has a UN flag that he has draped out the bottom of his car door so it drags on the ground in dis-respect. I don't like the UN myself, but I think he needs meds.

:jacked:

back to Dleg's news story, I think that entitlement breeds contemp. that writer should look at some of the dirt poor island states that don't have a sponsor like the USA looking after them. and somebody should tell her to :die:

there is a guy in my neighborhood that has a UN flag that he has draped out the bottom of his car door so it drags on the ground in dis-respect. I don't like the UN myself, but I think he needs meds.
:rotfl: :lmao: Hilarious!

Dleg --

Very humorous and eye-opening! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think they should grant the columnist a weekly feature piece called Saipan Smackdown and just let 'em rip. :watch: This way you can get back the the Motherland roots : USA : - the show would be the US equivalent of Bill O'Reily or Hannity & Colmes or some other Fox Network production :lmao: :lmao:

JR

somebody should tell her to :die:
Oooo... I forgot about the :die: smiley.

Hey LIBRA MAE: :die: !!!!

That's about as far as I'll go. I know my place here.

Back