News Story

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to a fellow South Carolinian a few months ago at an oyster roast, he's from Columbia, SC and started talking about how great Charleston, SC is. His final comment was "Charleston is great, it's the only thing that makes us better than Mississippi."

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to point out again that this all started in West Virginia. Let the mocking resume!
^ says the guy from Kentucky

:screwloose:
Yeah, FW...don't make fun of the only state that makes us look good by comparison. Well, I guess Mississippi is a strong contender for that title too.

Im convinced that if we split off Kentucky east of Lexington and merged it into West Virginia our standing on just about every statistic would sky rocket.

We say the same thing about the south-western part of our state. If we could lob it off and send it to Kentucky (it's a perfect fit), we'd be a TOP 10.

I was talking to a fellow South Carolinian a few months ago at an oyster roast, he's from Columbia, SC and started talking about how great Charleston, SC is. His final comment was "Charleston is great, it's the only thing that makes us better than Mississippi."
I think I'm the only person in the state that absolutely hates Charleston. If it fell into the ocean, I wouldn't really care. Too expensive, too snobby, and too packed together for me.

I think I'm the only person in the state that absolutely hates Charleston. If it fell into the ocean, I wouldn't really care. Too expensive, too snobby, and too packed together for me.

If you're south of Broad all of those qualities apply. I'm no blue blood though.

imgres

Very good illustration of West Virtucky.

the above U.S. poverty map pretty much speaks for itself as to the issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Im convinced that if we split off Kentucky east of Lexington and merged it into West Virginia our standing on just about every statistic would sky rocket.
If you took Louisville (Jefferson County), and all adjacent counties, and allowed them to secede from Kentucky, the GDP of the rest of the state would probably drop about 90%.

Back