New PE MD&M NCEES Specifications (starting Apr '17)?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbrookef

Reaction score
I have signed up for the October 2017 Mechanical engineering PE exam for machine design and materials and I am about to start my studies. I have viewed the new NCEES exam specifications (starting April 2017) and it does NOT include thermo/HVAC. Should I be skipping these types of questions from my study materials? I.e. just skip over those problems in the 6 minute solutions textbook as well as Lindeburg question workbook supporting the MERM? 

New test specification starting April 2017 found here http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/PE-Mech_Machine-Apr-2017.pdf. I'd appreciate some feedback from people who took the April 2017 exam and if they left thermodynamics problems and HVAC problems for studying? What about psychometric tables? Anything involving steam tables? I'd like to know explicitly what information I can omit from studying due to the redesign in the test.

Thank you!!!

Yes, I would recommend skipping over a majority of the thermo/HVAC stuff if you signed up for machine design.

Back