NCEES Sample Questions and Solutions - Structural Depth Problem #518

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsarata

Reaction score
For anyone that has worked the Structural Depth problems to the NCEES Sample Questions and Solutions, I had a question about #518. I have a question about how "N" is calculated in the denominator. I understand the use of 48 and 25 years. But the other two numbers in the solution threw me off. Could someone kindly explain the use of the other two numbers in the solution?

Thanks,

Daniel...

For anyone that has worked the Structural Depth problems to the NCEES Sample Questions and Solutions, I had a question about #518. I have a question about how "N" is calculated in the denominator. I understand the use of 48 and 25 years. But the other two numbers in the solution threw me off. Could someone kindly explain the use of the other two numbers in the solution?
Thanks,

Daniel...
Daniel,

These are the things that could drive a person crazy! I think you'll find the value of N for the problem is 48 times/day * 365 days/year * 25 years = 438000. You can verify that 250E8/438000 does indeed equal 57077, which is Cf/N.

So... "3(5)" should be "(365)" - it's a simple typo in the solution.

Daniel,
These are the things that could drive a person crazy! I think you'll find the value of N for the problem is 48 times/day * 365 days/year * 25 years = 438000. You can verify that 250E8/438000 does indeed equal 57077, which is Cf/N.

So... "3(5)" should be "(365)" - it's a simple typo in the solution.

Thanks! I thought it may be something like that. The next question is for NCEES, where's the Errata? I don't see anything on their website for the Civil test.

Daniel...

Back