National Stair Climb for Fallen Firefighters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
Most of you know that I recently became a volunteer firefighter in my town. It is something that I wanted to do for a long time and finally decided to do it. Anyway, in joining, I've gotten a chance to meet some great people and help my community. A group of us have decided to partake in the annual National Stair Climb for Fallen Fire Fighters. This is a great cause because all donations received benefit the families of those who have died in the line of duty. Initially, this was created to benefit the families of those who died during the 9/11 attacks, but now for the first time it has been expanded to all families affected by a line of duty death.

This Saturday, October 10th, myself and 10 other members of our department are going to Citi Field in NY for this event. We have to climb a total of 2200 stairs which is equivalent to 110 stories. This is symbolic in that it represents each of the participants completing the 110 story climb that those who died in the towers on 9/11 could not complete. Some choose to do it in regular street clothes, others like myself and the rest of my team will be doing it in full gear. I was hoping that maybe some of the regulars in the group here might be interested in supporting me and this cause. Any donation is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Donate here

So today was the stair climb. It was pretty gruelling but we completed it as a team. Proud of my brothers

e0a0d3f47c57aab4fae51f1b09acb0d6.jpg

360f04ba5951b9cda871ead7d744b69a.jpg

f7f33e9960a6df106ed81e14020edf73.jpg

009e28dae98be2d5e96761e0e439dcfb.jpg

Just a few pics from today.

Great job, Mike! That climb looked grueling, better you than me!

I'm sure Mike's glutes are primed for the Men of EB.com calendar.

Awesome job Mike, looks brutal on the knees though!
my knees fared quite well actually. It was my calves that are ready to explode still. What they don't tell you ahead of time is that the steps climbed up only count towards the 2200 count, but you still have to walk down the same flight of steps that you just walked up in order to get to the next flight of stairs.

Back