Learning Revit on your own

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekRChristian

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone on here learned Revit on their own outside of a college or office setting? I've never used it, but I'm finding that experience with it is pretty widely required for most of the experienced structural engineering roles out there. Is there any way I can learn this software on the side without spending an arm and a leg?

cheap option would be is to buy REVIT LT then pay for LinkedIn Learning, which has REVIT courses. The courses have markers for particular topics if you're only looking for a specific topic, or you can watch the entire course.

I second the recommendation for Revit LT. You will find that every company uses Revit differently, some for drafting, some for true sections and isometrics, some for calculations and/or takeoffs (which will require Full with STR). But you should be able to get the basics and standards covered with LT. I have known a few people that used the LinkedIn Learning with decent results, but there are also a ton of videos online.

Back