Google photos law suit - Illinois residents only

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the basis of the claim? Nude photos of people running naked in their front yard when the Street View car came by?

Businesses also cannot use fingerprints for ID confirmation. Amusement parks used to scan a finger to proof who the owner of the season pass, schools used to use finger prints for letting kids buy lunch....can't do that anymore

Businesses also cannot use fingerprints for ID confirmation. Amusement parks used to scan a finger to proof who the owner of the season pass, schools used to use finger prints for letting kids buy lunch....can't do that anymore
Whoah that's crazy. I wouldn't want businesses scanning my fingerprints (and keeping a database with them).

That reminds me of when I first moved to the Northern Mariana Islands in the mid-90s, and businesses there wanted your SSN on every check. Including all kinds of shady foreign-owned businesses. I tried to hold out but it just wasn't practical back in those days - you needed to write checks. Sometime in the late 90s someone sued and the practice was stopped.

Back