Exam Booklet Size, Form, Etc.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ski8839

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been covered, I searched and didn't find. Also, this perhaps should be posted in a different section.

Can someone explain in detail about the size and form of the exam booklet so I can know what to expect?

Specifically:

1) Are the problems in the same booklet as where you are working the solutions?

2) Do you get a fresh solutions book (blank pages) for the PM section?

3) Is the answer sheet (scantron form) a separate piece of paper? New one for the PM?

4) Can you write in the problem statement book? I.e. drawing lines on a provided graph to look for intersections, etc?

5) How many pages or size is the booklet where you are working solutions? I tend to like to have a page per problem for each section, sometimes more if I go back and re-work a problem from scratch.

It helps me to know what to expect if possible.

Thanks!

Forgive me if this has already been covered, I searched and didn't find. Also, this perhaps should be posted in a different section.

Can someone explain in detail about the size and form of the exam booklet so I can know what to expect?

Specifically:

3) Is the answer sheet (scantron form) a separate piece of paper? New one for the PM?

4) Can you write in the problem statement book? I.e. drawing lines on a provided graph to look for intersections, etc?

5) How many pages or size is the booklet where you are working solutions? I tend to like to have a page per problem for each section, sometimes more if I go back and re-work a problem from scratch.

Thanks!
LOL 

1. Nope 😀

2. You wont even see the depth until you are "allowed to "

3. Yes, you can just put the scantron on your left side ( left handed) and you do get two different answer sheets ( scantron )

4. Yes 

5. you will have enough pages I write a lot and space my stuff out. There are some blank sheet 

Thanks John. A level of dorky detail only another engineer could appreciate.

WRT to #2, I meant do you get a fresh blank booklet for the PM? Or are you working the whole day's problems in one book? (Not the actual problem statements book).

Thanks John. A level of dorky detail only another engineer could appreciate.

WRT to #2, I meant do you get a fresh blank booklet for the PM? Or are you working the whole day's problems in one book? (Not the actual problem statements book).
Yes, you get a fresh booklet sealed. I had a proctor right behind me the whole time and she would so close i can her her breathe. 

The booklets aren't too different than the practice book NCEES puts out, but there are two: one for each session, and no solutions in the back :) . It has a paper cover and is stapled in the middle and has a seal you have to break. You can write in it.  There is ample paper provided for working out problems. as well. I don't recommend making marks in the books or other materials you bring with you, but DO ask your proctor about it for certainty.  Ask them questions, if you have them... that's one of the reasons they are there.

Specifically:

Thanks!
Hello @Ski8839...with respect to your questions:

1) Yes they are.

2) Yes, you will be given a separate book for each of the 2 sessions.

3) Yes, the scantron is inside the book, so you'll get a new one for each of the sessions.

4) Yes, you will have sufficient room to work out the solutions below the problem statements.

5) The exam is identical to the NCEES practice booklet so if you bought one, it'll have the same look and feel.

Good luck tomorrow!

Back