Errors in NCEES practice exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone post a picture of the NCEES solution for problem #132?
I got out of bed just to take a picture of this for you. I haven't even reviewed it myself.
66ddbfa980bd448d97c0304c712c0c01.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Can someone post a picture of the NCEES solution for problem #132?
I got out of bed just to take a picture of this for you. I haven't even reviewed it myself.
66ddbfa980bd448d97c0304c712c0c01.jpg
Thanks for the solution. Agree that the wording is confusing. I associated the decel rate given with the downhill condition. Oh well.

You know what's scary about errors in the NCEES Sample Exams?  These are supposedly (not supposebly, but supposedly) real questions taken from actual exams.  So, some poor saps at some point in time had errors in their exam's questions/answers and NCEES did not know about it.   

You know what's scary about errors in the NCEES Sample Exams?  These are supposedly (not supposebly, but supposedly) real questions taken from actual exams.  So, some poor saps at some point in time had errors in their exam's questions/answers and NCEES did not know about it.   
This is what I'm saying. Look at these examples... they're terrible. I don't have a lot of faith in the real test being much better.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, rfehr613 said: This is what I'm saying. Look at these examples... they're terrible. I don't have a lot of faith in the real test being much better. Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
That's ok.  All you have to do is pass.  [emoji6] 
We'll see how it goes tomorrow

I'm bumping this thread. So NCEES posted an errata to #509 addressing that the correct torsion is obtained through the shear center but they don't show how to calculate the SC. They just give the location as 15.5 in from the left end. Can anyone direct me on how they got 15.5"? 

Back