• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Environmental/water resources

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EL Nica PE

Joda
Reaction score
Does anybody got good example or material for

Environmental and water resources. I got killed on those sections. :angry:

I need NQ kind of questions.

"the other board"'s exam cafe had a lot of NQ questions for both environmental and WR. They are not the best, but they are definitely something to go through once.

what's NQ?

I took the full envl exam and passed. I'm not in the market to sell any of my references, and my practice books are all written in, but maybe I could recommend a few titles?

Get the Metcalf and Eddy Design book. 10 State Standards helped. I even pulled an answer out of a MicroBiology book.

Do not forget the CERM.

I've never used Metcalf and Eddy myself.

I used two books for the water/wastewater sections.

"Unit Operations and Processes in Environmental Engineering", by Reynolds and Richards

"Environmental Biotechnology: Principles and Applications", by Rittman and McCarty

Unit Ops was great for the physical process stuff, talks about typical processes and variations on them. It gives typical operations conditions, common operational problems, etc. It's weak on activated sludge and kinetics though.

The Biotech book is really dense an technical but it's a great book. It goes way into depth on microbial kinetics, mass balances, solving for substrate and biomass, etc.

I answered every Wtr/WW problem on the test using those 2 books.

Latest posts

Back