Env. 6 minute solutions questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
Hopefully you guys can help me out:

Problem #11 deals with lifetime risk from ingestion of well water, using potency factors....the answer uses "chronic daily intake" and EPA recommended exposure limits.

My question is this: where is the hell can I find this information? Does the CERM have it? All this is
3.gif
to me..

Thanks in advance,

ktulu

Also, I have not been able to find hardly any information to answer these breadth questions in the CERM. Am I simply overlooking things?

Last edited by a moderator:
My notes in the 6-minute solutions tell me that the "EPA recommended" lifetime exposure duration used to solve this problem is 30 years, whereas the table of recommended risk calculation values in the ENVRM says 70 years.

Confusing, I agree, but from what I saw, the real test questions will tell you what to use to avoid this kind of confusion. Don't worry.

I'll edit later and post a source for the EPA recommended inputs.

EDIT: Glad you found it - I didn't realize this was number 4 for you! For anyone else, Here's a nice little one-page table of recommended input values, along with references. Just print out page 13 of this giant 5 MB pdf file (says page 7 of Appendix 2 on the page itself).

Last edited by a moderator:
dleg-

Thanks. I found some values off of the EPA website. I do not remember seeing anything this confusing either (4th timer :D ), but want to understand somewhat just in case...

My notes in the 6-minute solutions tell me that the "EPA recommended" lifetime exposure duration used to solve this problem is 30 years, whereas the table of recommended risk calculation values in the ENVRM says 70 years.
The EPA exposure duration 'averaging times' recommendations are based on:

30-yrs (Non-carcinogen)

70-yrs (Carcinogen)

These are 'default' assumptions used in very general cases. I urge extreme caution before trying to interpret or decipher human (or ecological) risk assessment results. ALWAYS know what assumptions were presented - this is key !!

JR

Latest posts

Back