EET for Seimic Principles

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkpe

Reaction score
For those that are in the midst of selecting a Seismic principles review course, I want to share my experience with EET.  I used EET for the 8hr and I passed the first time around.  I'm here to reinforce how good these guys are with their study and reference material for the CA Seismic.

I had a similar and even better experience with the EET Seismic material with Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim.

I just passed the Seismic principles after taking EET's course with  Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim.  Such an exceptional instructor. He really highlighted the key areas to focus on, however, you have to participate in the lectures to get the full advantage. 

There was almost no wasted studying with this course. Many of the practice problems that were on the exam, one problem was similar that the only difference was 90 lb/lf vs 100 lb/lf in the practice.  

I wasn't able to get to all the problems during the exam. For extra speed in the exam, I'd recommend indexing the problems in the study material, I didn't do it, wish I had, would have been worth the effort.  

Thank You Dr. Ibrahim!

tk

For those that are in the midst of selecting a Seismic principles review course, I want to share my experience with EET.  I used EET for the 8hr and I passed the first time around.  I'm here to reinforce how good these guys are with their study and reference material for the CA Seismic.

I had a similar and even better experience with the EET Seismic material with Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim.

I just passed the Seismic principles after taking EET's course with  Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim.  Such an exceptional instructor. He really highlighted the key areas to focus on, however, you have to participate in the lectures to get the full advantage. 

There was almost no wasted studying with this course. Many of the practice problems that were on the exam, one problem was similar that the only difference was 90 lb/lf vs 100 lb/lf in the practice.  

I wasn't able to get to all the problems during the exam. For extra speed in the exam, I'd recommend indexing the problems in the study material, I didn't do it, wish I had, would have been worth the effort.  

Thank You Dr. Ibrahim!

tk
Thank you for this. I'm trying to decide which course to take. 

Yes, that Seismic Book (from Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim and other 4 or 5 instructors with Ph.D. degree) is really excellent!

I felt regret that I did not know that till 2017 (failed almost 5 times with just my "out-of-date" Master's Study 

textbooks of "Structural Dynamics" and some weird books by "Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center"

(or some UC-Berkeley MS lecture notes). I was working for an International A/E/C firm in Macau for several

years with a lot of over-time (7pm-10pm) almost everyday. Thus I could not spare too much time on deep-study,

so Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim's book really helps me to summarized ALL the complicated math/equations as well as

solving "two-way diaphragm" step-by-step. Even designing high-rise office bldgs with ETABs(8.0 or above), I

sometimes follow his design procedures if I don't have a mentor/supervisor nearby to ask for help !! (Just

curious about those 5 authors who wrote this books are mostly from Canada, not USA USA  though).

Latest posts

Back