eatling lunch at your desk

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Why in the hell do people come into your office and plop down for a 10 minute conversation while you are midway through your damn lunch? :brick:

pisses me off to no end, I just want to eat quick and then get back to surfing the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to talk to some dipshit telling me about how he takes binoculars to hockey games to look up the skirts of the players wifes..

:die: thanks!

Don't fuck with Fudgey's sandwich. I ain't kidding. Unless you want this reigning down on your office.

slaughter.jpg

not to talk to some dipshit telling me about how he takes binoculars to hockey games to look up the skirts of the players wifes..
:die: thanks!
Unless, of course, he has pictures of said upskirt views! I don't like anyone BSing with me either. I get to go home for lunch now so I'm lucky but before, when I didn't get to go home, I couldn't stand the thought of holing up in an office and sharing lunch time with my boss or coworkers. Lunch time is MY time. Speaking of my boss, he was in his office earlier jamming out to "Physical" by Olivia Newton John! Just plain wrong IMO! :suicide:

serioulsy dont fuck with a man while he's eating!

I have been hitting the books during lunch the last few weeks(for the MOST part) I used to do something "for ME damnit" to during lunch, but I can do that again in November...

Last edited by a moderator:
In general I hate when someone engages me in a conversation and keeps right on going even after I have put out signals that its time for the conversation to now end.

Irritates the heck out of me.

Ed

no doubt!

that needs to be one of those man rules or something...

Its not so bad here, but my old job had about 250 people in it, there were about 5 people that i honestly think did nothing but walk around and BS with people (we all do it, but geesh)

we got in the habit of sending little "Code 99" emails so when someone came by so we could get someone to call us so we could get out of the conversation. sad....

(that would be a great show topic for The Office)

RG,

You would just type it up and/or send it out while the person was standing there running his head?

Great idea- if the other person is able to get it right away.

Ed

yeah we learned that some people, wouldnt take you typing on your keyboard as a hint! that it was time for them to move on, so we would just select someone in the "know" and email em quicklike!

It wasnt always 100% effective, but very worthwhile for the times it did work..

We only have 15 folks here so its not that big an issue yet.. other than my lunch disturbing neighbor, let me see if I can find his (& CEhopefuls) resume pics from the photo shoot

:GotPics:

we got in the habit of sending little "Code 99" emails so when someone came by so we could get someone to call us so we could get out of the conversation. sad....
(that would be a great show topic for The Office)
I bailed out our old receptionest here a few times using a "Code 99" whenever a guy downstairs would come up and hit on her. Except she typed "help me get this idiot out of here" while he was standing in front of her. :lmao: So I go over and tell her that I can show her how to use our new copier/scanner that she inquired about "earlier". It was hard to keep a straight face, I almost lost it.

it does help to be friendly (yet not stalker friendly) to the receptionist, at least I wasnt the only one that had developed such a system..

____

no were are not minus 1 yet, They are trying to decide wether to lay him off or outright fire him, I guess if we lay him off we cant hire anyone for his position for 6 months, but there is less risk involved.

thanks to me sitting on some work he had 40 hours of overhead this week on his timesheet, that usually sends a signal through management to "remind them to do something about it"

I had a guy that always stopped in the door of my cubicle and just talked non stop. One day I got up, and just like a little kid he followed me. I went down the aisle and found some poor bastard sitting at his desk. I got the guy that followed me in a conversation and then went back and was able to have my time.

I know pretty dirty, but all is fair in office life I say. :true:

Kipper, Sweet! You can maybe name that move The Dump and Run!

I like it. I may have to try that one day.

Ed

lol thats pretty funny, worst is when you get 2 of the office chatters to show up at the same time, and then after you lose interest in the conversation, they stick around and talk to each other in your workspace.

we currently have a guy who works for another company in our office, he used to work for IBM back in the 80's (I guess thats a big deal?) he starts every conversation with "When I was at IBM.............. :suicide: "

Latest posts

Back