California Traffic Engineer (TE) Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syedimam1

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there are folks who have written the TE (traffic) for California's BPELSG before? Is anyone able to share any strategies, information on test format (it's multiple choice and 8 hours, but the number of questions isn't specified), resources, etc?

We're in the same boat i guess. I am also taking the exam in October but cannot find any good resources
Hi! I found one helpful resource. Please message and me and I'm happy to share. If you end up finding the test format or other details (like number of questions) let me know.

There are practice problems on the boards website. Don't bother call the board's examination department about how to obtain a copy of the HDM for the exam. The board expects us to print all the materials and buy them. Thus making the TE exam more expensive than the PE. I've passed the PE and I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze?

There are practice problems on the boards website. Don't bother call the board's examination department about how to obtain a copy of the HDM for the exam. The board expects us to print all the materials and buy them. Thus making the TE exam more expensive than the PE. I've passed the PE and I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze?
What is "HDM"? Link to Test Plan: https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/plan_traffic.pdf
Link to suggested reference material: Traffic Examination - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists

Back