Andy Griffith dies at age 86

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Beloved actor Andy Griffith died this morning.

Former UNC President Bill Friday says The Andy Griffith Showand Matlock actor died at his home in Dare County, North Carolina around 7 a.m.

Friday, who is a close friend of the actor, confirmed the news toWITN News.

Emergency medical crews responded to Griffith's home this morning, Dare County Sheriff J.D. Doughtie told WAVY.com.

Griffith, who was born in Mt. Airy, N.C., was launched to fame as Sheriff Andy Taylor in The Andy Griffith Show for the CBS television network from 1960-1968. On the show, Ron Howard played his son, Opie. He starred on other shows and in films, but found his greatest success again with legal drama Matlock, from 1986 to 1995. He played the title character, Ben Matlock.

]In 2000, Griffith underwent quadruple heart-bypass surgery and in 2007 had hip surgery after a fall.
http://content.usato...ies-at-age-86/1

I sure thought he was older than that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'll be whistling that song in my head all day. RIP.

Which one?

GWS Gulf War Syndrome (see also PGS) GWS Great White Shark GWS Get Well Soon GWS Google Web Server GWS Goes Without Saying GWS Gun Weapon System GWS Guided Weapon System GWS Game Winning Shot (hockey) GWS GroupWare Server (DMS/FAMIS applications) GWS Gateway Switch GWS Grown without Shell (seeds) GWS Gateway Screening GWS Great Western Steamship Company GWS Graphic Work Station GWS Global Waste Survey GWS Gaseous Waste System GWS General War Subsystem GWS General Welding Specification GWS General Welding Standard GWS Gunfire Weapons System GWS Groundwater Well Services GWS Global Weather Service GWS Genesee Wind Symphony (Flint, MI) GWS Global Wireless Solution, Inc. (New Berlin, WI) GWS Grainger Wind Symphony GWS Gandhi Weaving Society GWS Geneva Convention for the Wounded & Sick GWS Great War Society (UK) GWS General Web Service

Now I'll be whistling that song in my head all day. RIP.
Mother-of-God.jpg

Anyone remember a show he was on called Salvage-1? He was a junk man that built a rocket and was going to use it to go to the moon and salvage all the Apollo stuff left up there.

Pretty cool when I was I was thirteen.

I don't think Andy would do this. Barney Fife, maybe, but not Andy. He's too nice.

Latest posts

Back