2022 CBT Civil Geotech Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!! But I found that it is only 253 pages, I haven’t reviewed all of it but seems to have only until chapter 21. Downloaded it anyway.

Just going to share my game plan

Going to utilize EET Breadth and Depth(Geotech) to take exam at the end of April.

I also have the Goswami All-In-One (3rd Edition), 6-minute solutions, NCEES Practice Exam, and a few other exams I found on Amazon.

I created a study schedule through the end of April.

I quit my job in November 2021(but I have a small child). I may be moving for another job, so this could delay studying.

Ready to pass this MF. I have two more chances through the TX board.

Good luck to everyone!

Not sure. I took geotech in October and didn’t pass. I took school of pe and I felt it was inadequate for afternoon. Planning to take the exam in summer. Anyone for studying together?
yes I am in if you want to study.

how about you have you started yet. i am not sure how to make a plan to study.

Great! I registered for May. We could share ideas on how to study efficiently. May be a zoom or teams meet? Let me know your thoughts!

Just going to share my game plan

Going to utilize EET Breadth and Depth(Geotech) to take exam at the end of April.

I also have the Goswami All-In-One (3rd Edition), 6-minute solutions, NCEES Practice Exam, and a few other exams I found on Amazon.

I created a study schedule through the end of April.

I quit my job in November 2021(but I have a small child). I may be moving for another job, so this could delay studying.

Ready to pass this MF. I have two more chances through the TX board.

Good luck to everyone!
Just curious what you mean by two more chances? In NC I heard you have 3 shots and then have to take a year off and can only take once a year there after. However on their website it only specifies this for surveying and FE so it’s not clear about PE. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

Does anyone like to do a zoom or teams meet to discuss study strategies for geotech?? I started studying and trying to use only references listed in the ncees exam specs. I have a hard time going back and forth on these 1000s of pages.

Just curious what you mean by two more chances? In NC I heard you have 3 shots and then have to take a year off and can only take once a year there after. However on their website it only specifies this for surveying and FE so it’s not clear about PE. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
I’m registered with the Texas board and have a total of three chances within a certain timeframe. I took the exam in October of 2019(Geotech depth) and failed so I have two more chances to pass. If I don’t pass then I have to reapply to take the exam. I have until October 2023 to use up my last two chances.

I was unable to travel while pregnant in 2020 so that’s why I’m just now getting around to studying again. Feels like I’m starting back over. I’m thankful I don’t have to travel anymore for the exam

good luck to you as well.

Has anyone started studying for the 2022 CBT Civil Geotech Exam?

I just downloaded all of the NCEES Spec references (16!)

Currently using PPI (because it is free through work) but it references the CERM a lot (which we wont be able to use on the exam).

I think I'm going to purchase another course after the Companies revise their courses for the new exam format. School of PE stated within the next month or two they will have the revised course available. EET asked me to check back after the October Exam. I think I'm going to choose between those two. Testmasters was not helpful on the Geotech Depth the last time I took the exam (October 2019).

What will be your approach to studying for the CBT Civil Geotech exam?
I am taking the Civil Geotech also and wanted to get the same information and what is the best review center that anyone can recommend. Thank you.

Not sure. I took geotech in October and didn’t pass. I took school of pe and I felt it was inadequate for afternoon. Planning to take the exam in summer. Anyone for studying together?
I am wondering if Pass PE is a better choice for the afternoon. Any input?

So far I haven’t got anyone to study together for the afternoon session. Let’s team up if you are interested. I also took school of pe, however if felt that there were several questions in the afternoon I was never prepared for.
Please count me in. I would love to join study group for Geotech. I took the Chelepatti review course in CA and it help me out tremendously but did not pass the P&P test. Thank you.

How much time are ya'll planning on studying for the Geotech Depth CBT Exam? What do ya'll think is a do-able timeframe to effectively study?

I'm currently using EET Geotech to study the depth portion of the material.

I'm feeling discouraged so just wanted to see the study schedules of others.
Did you enroll on the class? How was the afternoon questions? thank you.

Back