It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevo_55

The Beer Baron
Reaction score
DaveChapelleRickJames.jpg

I can't believe we don't do this anymore.....

We're going to Chuck E. Cheese's tonight!!

I have never been, so I hope it is a lot of fun.

We're going to Chuck E. Cheese's tonight!!
I have never been, so I hope it is a lot of fun.
FWIW, The whole time my kids were growing up I have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese. There was more than one birthday party there but my wife always took them. From what she told me, the kids have a great time but it sucks for the parents.

You constantly have to fight to keep visual line of sight to your kids as they run from thing to thing so you never get to relax, and the pizza sucks.

I'm glad I never experienced it.

I hope you have a better time.

We had both a Chuckie Cheese and a Little Ceasers playland of sorts. The little ceasers one was way better because it had huge, and I mean huge, jungle gym/ballpit/tunnel thing.

Our weekend is going to consist of applying multiple layers of the light weight drywall putty to the kitchen wall...needs to look perfect cuz we aren't putting that many cabinets back up on this wall, just an above the fridge and tall pantry next to the fridge.

FWIW, The whole time my kids were growing up I have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese. There was more than one birthday party there but my wife always took them. From what she told me, the kids have a great time but it sucks for the parents.
You constantly have to fight to keep visual line of sight to your kids as they run from thing to thing so you never get to relax, and the pizza sucks.

Unfortunately, I've had to attend a couple of birthday parties there. I second your wifes opinion. They do, however, serve beer.

We aren't taking any kids....

We are hoping for some pizza, beer and skeeball.

Casey, we did a night out at an arcade/bowling alley with some friends last weekend for beer and skeeball. It was so much fun. Playing Dance Dance Revolution drunk is harder then a field sobriety test! Im sure it will be a blast.

We aren't taking any kids....We are hoping for some pizza, beer and skeeball.
Aww it'll be fun dude! The pizza is relatively marginal (some outlets are better than others FWIW) but the games, beer, & arcade atmosphere will have you getting your Chuck E groove on - just don't hassle the mouse should he make an appearance and you'll have a fine time.

(p.s. my kids will need to be home by 8:00, and thanx for taking them!)

Casey: you're a first for me. I don't believe that I know any adults who have voluntarily ventured into a Chuck E Cheese without being "forced" to because they were accompanying thier (or someone else's) kids there usually for a birthday party.

I'd rather find a nice lounge and go for food/beer and billiards/darts/etc.

Anyway, hope you have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
We like to go to Dave & Busters, which is basically a chuckie cheese for grownups. There are kids there in the afternoon dineer time, but after 10PM it goes 21 and older. THey have eveything, the arcade side and the carnival type game side with the skeeball and coin games.

I was just going to mention Dave and Busters. Food is marginal, full bar is great, and there are several lanes of skeeball. No ball pit though, but with enough beers that's okay with me!

Well, it all started when someone said we shoudl go out for another friend's birthday and they said we should do something fun and stupid....

So I suggested Chuck E. Cheese's as a joke, but apparently everyone liked that idea, so off we go!

I honestly don't think we will last long, when we called to confirm if all adult groups are allowed (apparently some locations require that you are accompanied by kids) they warned us that it is insanely busy on Fridays and Saturdays... The lady even said not to bother coming in on Saturdays...

If it doesn't work out, the bowling alley is our back up plan... which will be the same without the kids and a giant rat...

I think some of the group never got to go to Chuck E. Cheese's as a kid and feel like they missed out on something special (me included), but I am sure we will leave disappointed as our childhood dreams go down in flames...

Well, it all started when someone said we shoudl go out for another friend's birthday and they said we should do something fun and stupid....
So I suggested Chuck E. Cheese's as a joke, but apparently everyone liked that idea, so off we go!
That will teach you to make jokes !!!

If it doesn't work out, the bowling alley is our back up plan... which will be the same without the kids and a giant rat...
Have you thought of a place that has pool and darts? Could be interesting if you are just looking to pass some time with a few drinks.

I think some of the group never got to go to Chuck E. Cheese's as a kid and feel like they missed out on something special (me included), but I am sure we will leave disappointed as our childhood dreams go down in flames...
LOL. Nothing stings as much in this world as self-realization ....

JR

bump WOO HOO! It's Friday...hence the avatar change. Two more hours to go...

It's Friday, bitches! And I'm working a half day, then going camping with mini-buff for the first time this weekend! :th_rockon: :woot:

Have fun w/mini-buff!

I'm doing a half day and attempting to buy that Scion xA, if they can do what I want on the price/trade.

Just be prepared to walk. State your claim, and if they hem and haw, start the trek out the door. I bet with the way the economy is, you get what you want. Good luck!

Back