http://engineerboard...tion=boardrules

#2 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

Not many rules....that's great. This forum is so much better and more up-to-date than the other one!

:true:

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:11 PM

Just to let you know, NCEES has been notified about the presence of this forum. The internet and foums such as these are wonderful tools for engineers to use to help prepare for their FE and PE exams. As long as they are used in the proper way.

As a reminder, when you took the NCEES examination you signed an agreement that included the statement that you agreed you ?will not reveal in whole or part any exam questions, answers, problems, or solutions to anyone during or after the exam, whether orally, in writing, or any internet chat rooms , or otherwise.? This agreement also stated that failure to comply with this could invalidate your exam results.

The NCEES compliance and security manager, and others, will monitor this website periodically to ensure that the non-disclosure agreement is not violated.

Regards,
Tim Miller, P.E.
NCEES Exam Development Engineer

#4 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:17 PM

Just to let you know, NCEES has been notified about the presence of this forum.  The internet and foums such as these are wonderful tools for engineers to use to help prepare for their FE and PE exams.  As long as they are used in the proper way.

As a reminder, when you took the NCEES examination you signed an agreement that included the statement that you agreed you ?will not reveal in whole or part any exam questions, answers, problems, or solutions to anyone during or after the exam, whether orally, in writing, or any internet chat rooms , or otherwise.?  This agreement also stated that failure to comply with this could invalidate your exam results.

The NCEES compliance and security manager, and others, will monitor this website periodically to ensure that the non-disclosure agreement is not violated.

Regards,
Tim Miller, P.E.
NCEES Exam Development Engineer

Tim, thanks for dropping by! We appreciate your comments! We agree that this internet forum (the best on the web) can be a powerful tool for all of us to learn more about all areas of engineering and become better engineers.

We also understand the agreement we signed. Ethics is a very important part of being an engineer and this forum (the best on the web) will not tolerate any violation of NCEES agreements.

Any post that violates such agreements will be deleted immediately!

I'm glad you and your friends visit this web site! I hope and encourage you and others on your team to become registered members and make this one of your favorite places on the web.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post them here or PM me directly.

#5 VTEnviro

VTEnviro

His Memory Eternal

• Retired ADMIN
  • 1,024,469 posts
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:26 PM

I think the official rules/policy should be posted somewhere on the site. This way no one can say they didn't know what the deal was.

Blatant violations are obvious to anyone who is looking, but there is some gray area I wonder about.

If I say, "Wow, there sure were more questions on Topic X than I expected." Is that revealing questions?

#6 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:37 PM

I also wonder about the grey area. I mean nobody on this site has said, "how do you do problem x?" but we have discussed things like, "the ME PE exam was much more difficult than the sample exam" and "why so many HVAC problems in the morning" and things like that. I'm assuming that's ok as long as specific problems are not addressed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong so we don't violate and rules.

#7 VTEnviro

VTEnviro

His Memory Eternal

• Retired ADMIN
  • 1,024,469 posts
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:42 PM

I'd imagine it would be OK. And I think people studying for the exam should really avoid hearsay from other examinees.

But if I comment that "there were a lot of landfill problems" this time, and that coaxes someone into studying that topic in further detail, could that be construed as disclosing info that influences another examinee?

#8 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

It may influence another examinee if he chooses to be influenced but the legality part (as I see it) is discussing exact problems on the test and that's it.

#9 DVINNY

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner

• Admin
  • 14,618 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

NCEES should clarify more about that. The 'grey' area is quite vast.

No one wants to purposely break their agreement, and being informed is the best way to avoid that from happening.

#10 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

I think that would be a good idea for NCEES to post in detail what the agreement means. It would eliminate any questions.

#11 Road Guy

Road Guy

35 years and a wakeup

• Admin
  • 17,950 posts
  • Interests:Yoga Pants, Ski!, SCUBA, Backpacking, Kicking Ass, etc
  • Discipline:Construction

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:19 PM

and I have to say I see more posts in possible violation of the agreement over at the PPI Forum :D

Members, you can edit your own topic titles and even delete / close topics that you started. please dont delete good threads, but this will help us self moderate ourselves in the future...

#12 TouchDown

TouchDown

Is it Friday yet?

• EB Supporting Member
  • 3,614 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR, guitar, drinking.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

Can't find the rules section - is it hidden on new board after the transfer?

#13 Guest_MetroRAFB_*

Guest_MetroRAFB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

It's sort of part of the banner at the top of the page. See the words "Forum Rules" directly under the second "E" in "ENGINEERBOARDS.COM"

#14 envirotex

envirotex

Veteran

• Supporting Member
  • 5,231 posts
  • Discipline:Enviro

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I had no idea you could get warning points...

I thought you just got instantaneously banned...

Edited by envirotex, 08 February 2013 - 09:39 PM.

• snickerd3 likes this

#15 knight1fox3

knight1fox3

Jedi Knight & Friend of Capt. Solo

• EB Supporting Member
  • 10,320 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

^ nothing like reviving a 6 year old thread I guess.....LOL

• snickerd3 likes this

#16 Road Guy

Road Guy