So when did this reference sneak on the NCEES list?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
I just noticed this the other day. This AASHTO pedestrian book is now on the list of Transpo Depth "Design Standards" (I quote "design standards" because for some reason NCEES thinks a guide, manual, or handbook is a "standard") :

AASHTO

Guide for the Planning, Design, and Operation of Pedestrian Facilities, 1st edition, 2004, American Association of State Highway & Transportation Officials, Washington, DC.

http://cdn3.ncees.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/PE-Civ-Trans-Apr-2010_with-1404-design-standards1.pdf

Anyone know anything about this book? Anyone buy it and use it to study? I wonder what type of test questions might come from this book.

GPDOPF.jpg

This had to be between December and now. I printed the list in December, and it is not on there. Great, one more book to add to the list. Thanks for posting, I'd have never noticed.

Just checked Amazon and AASHTO ... buy directly from AASHTO for $100.00 Amazon has this listed $175 used and $200+ new.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this from work. However, I'm guessing, at most you may need to pull a definition from it??? I don't know. I sit in April and have done decent with the time spent studying and i have never opened it.

I do have the Voight Transportation depth manual however.

This had to be between December and now. I printed the list in December, and it is not on there. Great, one more book to add to the list. Thanks for posting, I'd have never noticed.

Just checked Amazon and AASHTO ... buy directly from AASHTO for $100.00 Amazon has this listed $175 used and $200+ new.

JQ, if you want to be cheap......errrr...... thrifty (like me ;) ), maybe you can find similar/helpful references on-line for free, covering the same topic. I found these today at lunch. I am not sure if they can answer every question you might get on the exam from this AASHTO pedestrian book, but they are free! :)

The AASHTO GPDOPF First Edition Table of Contents for your information

ITE Publication RP-036A ([SIZE=10.5pt]Design Walkable Urban Thoroughfares: A Context Sensitive Approach) which primarily bases its guidelines on the AASHTO GPDOPF[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Not sure of this will be helpful or not but here is NCHRP's recommended updates (2010) to the AASHTO GPDOPF Ed. 1 (2004). NCHRP 20-07 (Update of the AASHTO Guide for Planning, Design, and Operation of Pedestrian Facilities)[/SIZE]

Good luck.

I got this from work. However, I'm guessing, at most you may need to pull a definition from it??? I don't know. I sit in April and have done decent with the time spent studying and i have never opened it.

I do have the Voight Transportation depth manual however.

Pred, why do you think they would only ask definition type questions from this book? Remember, it is a newly-added book so none of your test prep material would cover this book or ask questions from it.

Well, just a guess really. It is one of 9 topics under traffic analysis. Traffic analysis as a whole is worth approximately 22% of the exam. I have heard the exam is a mix of theory and calculation type questions. I just guessed this would be a good place to through one in.

Back