1 reply to this topic

#1 genie17

genie17

Intern

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Can someone please explain why there is no sqrt(3) used in the answer for this question? I thought that the power for a 3 phase motor is expressed as S=sqrt(3)VI regardless of the connection type (delta or wye) but the solution is listed as S=VI. What am I missing here?

For people who don't have the question it is "what is the line current of a delta-connected, 3-phase, 1325 kva, 2.4 kv inductive load?"

Thanks.

#2 Wildsoldier PE

Wildsoldier PE

Principal in Charge

• 280 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Can someone please explain why there is no sqrt(3) used in the answer for this question? I thought that the power for a 3 phase motor is expressed as S=sqrt(3)VI regardless of the connection type (delta or wye) but the solution is listed as S=VI. What am I missing here?

For people who don't have the question it is "what is the line current of a delta-connected, 3-phase, 1325 kva, 2.4 kv inductive load?"

Thanks.

You are right....complex imaginary is wrong when I bought the books for the first time they have a bunch of errors like that. If you bought the revision for this april exam looks that they havent fix that error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=