Facility Engineer (Job Number:11000J9)
Jones Distribution Corporation, a division of The Jones Group, is currently seeking a Facility Engineer for its West Deptford, NJ (SOUTH NJ) 1st shift operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following;
- Perform Time Study analyses to evaluate individual warehouse jobs by breaking the job down into elements to determine how much time it takes to complete each element and the entire job function in order to establish standards for quantity production, estimate total task completion time, and produce overall warehouse efficiency.
- Perform Methods Engineering studies which consist of segmenting a job/function to determine how it works in order to enhance the entire job function and produce optimal performance/efficiency.
- Conduct Human Factors analysis which is concerned with the design, use, and arrangement of the workplace (ergonomics) and the tools used to perform a job/function while taking into account the characteristics of the user to determine optimal performance and efficiency of the worker (i.e. choice of video display colors and brightness, physical arrangement of work area, etc.).
- Conduct Work Measurement analysis by gathering information on actual labor hours worked and completed production units to compare the relationship between labor hours vs. quantity output/work performed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering preferred
- Computer skills required particularly with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD LT, Windows XP/ME, AS/400, & SAP
- 1-2 years minimum distribution related experience preferred
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet organizational goals
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot problems to determine solutions
- Enthusiastic attitude / perseverance