Jump to content


P.E. in U.S.A. wants to register as P.Eng in Canada

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 itsmemario



  • Senior Member
  • 40 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

Any U.S. P.E.'s have experience with registering as a P.Eng in Canada? I am a U.S. based P.E., and do a few projects a year in Canada and wanted to get my P.Eng in Canada (Ontario & B.C.). I was wondering if any of you had any experience with that and how easy/difficult it was. I have read that there is a 12 month experience working in Canada under a P.Eng requirement. If that is true, than a P.Eng is probably not in my future. Any information you can provide would be helpful and very much appreciated. Thank you.



    Man of Steel

  • Senior Member
  • 311 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Pole
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

No, I dont think so, Im in Canada, a lot of US PE can get a reciprocity in Canada as a PEng, all you need to do is register and write the Canadian NPPE exam or laws and ethics. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users