11 replies to this topic

#1 SIUE2010

SIUE2010

Intern

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

anyone receive their Illinois FE results yet?

#2 speedyox

speedyox

Project Manager

• 159 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

Good luck.

#3 SIUE2010

SIUE2010

Intern

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

Still not released, guess have to wait till after christmas. Surprisingly since seemed Illinois was one of the first i heard last year

#4 SIUE2010

SIUE2010

Intern

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

results are now up. PASSED2.gif

#5 nboggio

nboggio

Intern

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (SIUE2010 @ Dec 30 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
results are now up. PASSED2.gif

Congrats to everyone... I passed too

#6 snickerd3

snickerd3

Taking suggestions

• Charter Member
  • 20,340 posts
  • Interests:spamming EB.com
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

looks like the state has started uploading FE license numbers to their database. About 40 have been added since yesterday.

#7 underdog

underdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

To anyone who did not pass this time be encouraged......I will share my story......I first took this exam several years after I graduated from college. The EIT was open book when I first took it oldtimer.gif (sometime back in the 90s). I was unsuccessful but did not need an EIT certification for my career at that time so I did not bother taking it again.

2 years ago I got a new job and passing the EIT is MANDATORY within 3 years or you will be TERMINATED!

Just before the start of my 2nd year on the job after much preparation I discovered that the deadline to file for the exam here in California had passed. ohmy.gif I began checking all the Engineering boards across the country to see if I could sit for the exam in a different state. I discovered Illinois had a much later deadline so I submitted my application to take the exam in Chicago in April 2010. I few in to O'hare on a friday and took the exam for my 2nd attempt on the following day. Result??? Failed.gif

With my 3 year clock running down I took a two week vacation from work 2 weeks prior to the October 2010 exam. I decided to fly into Chicago on Wednesday so I could adjust to the time difference (2 hours earlier) get away from the distractions at home and hopefully be well rested for this exam. Result??? PASSED2.gif

I am still nervous because the CTS site says "Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval". I don't think I will be able to totally relax until I have my results in hand.

#8 underdog

underdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

Does anyone know how it will take before the official notices get mailed. I need to submit the notice to my employer ASAP. I will get an immediate promotion (5.9% increase in pay) once I submit proof of passing.

I have been on an involuntary furlough (36 hour work week) for 1.5 years. Working 36 hours per week has reduced my income 10%.

To those that were unsuccessful don't give up.

#9 snickerd3

snickerd3

Taking suggestions

• Charter Member
  • 20,340 posts
  • Interests:spamming EB.com
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (underdog @ Jan 5 2011, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know how it will take before the official notices get mailed. I need to submit the notice to my employer ASAP. I will get an immediate promotion (5.9% increase in pay) once I submit proof of passing.

I have been on an involuntary furlough (36 hour work week) for 1.5 years. Working 36 hours per week has reduced my income 10%.

To those that were unsuccessful don't give up.

if you submitted your application to the state before the test, I would say you can expect the license before the passing letter from CTS...they are super slow with the snail mail.

#10 SIUE2010

SIUE2010

Intern

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

i just got my results from CTS in the mail. They said be about 4 weeks to get my EI license once i send them all my information.

#11 underdog

underdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:31 AM

I received my results from CTS in the mail yesterday also and I am all the way out here in California.

#12 wongdaisiu

wongdaisiu

Project Engineer

• 51 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (underdog @ Jan 5 2011, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To anyone who did not pass this time be encouraged......I will share my story......I first took this exam several years after I graduated from college. The EIT was open book when I first took it oldtimer.gif (sometime back in the 90s). I was unsuccessful but did not need an EIT certification for my career at that time so I did not bother taking it again.

2 years ago I got a new job and passing the EIT is MANDATORY within 3 years or you will be TERMINATED!

Just before the start of my 2nd year on the job after much preparation I discovered that the deadline to file for the exam here in California had passed. ohmy.gif I began checking all the Engineering boards across the country to see if I could sit for the exam in a different state. I discovered Illinois had a much later deadline so I submitted my application to take the exam in Chicago in April 2010. I few in to O'hare on a friday and took the exam for my 2nd attempt on the following day. Result??? Failed.gif

With my 3 year clock running down I took a two week vacation from work 2 weeks prior to the October 2010 exam. I decided to fly into Chicago on Wednesday so I could adjust to the time difference (2 hours earlier) get away from the distractions at home and hopefully be well rested for this exam. Result??? PASSED2.gif

I am still nervous because the CTS site says "Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval". I don't think I will be able to totally relax until I have my results in hand.

Wow...that is hard core. Congratulations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=