Welcome to New Jersey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P-E

Reaction score
So, my company is sending me to New Jersey in two weeks. I'm not sure what to expect. I've seen an episode of Jersey Shore and watched a Jets game. It all seems kinda scary.

I've been told that they have a nice turnpike and an awesome airport in Newark that is right near brewery with a pipeline that feeds the airport bars.

I've been to New York City and have seen NJ from a distance. Besides all the smoke stacks and chemical plants it seems like a nice place.

Any advice: what to do, travel tips, customs of the native folk?

Many thanks.

Don't drive like an @$$h0l3. We hate that. It's an ugly place with ugly people, but there are a few places not so armpitty. Where are you staying?

Anything South of Raritan or West Rte 287 is nice. Otherwise you stand a chance of getting robbed.

2202435274_b01d82807f.jpg

I've made my appointment at the travel clinic for Tuesday. Hep c and tequila shots are recommend.

Looking for flights. The project has a tight budget. I see one from Logan to Newark with only one stop at o'hare.

That's crazy. How is it cheaper to go from logan to Newark, via ohare? I always thought the shortest distance between two points is a straight line...

:dunno:

Last year I was trying to fly to Myrtle Beach and found it was cheaper to fly there with a layover in Charlotte than it was to fly to Charlotte (same flight). It was cheaper to get on a 2nd plane and fly further.

The project is in south Brunswick. Looks like exit 8. Looks to be near a winery called the grape escape. I may need lots of that.

Back