Something to Share

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Missing Boaters from Ft. Pierce Found

Eric Ross is my cousin and Vincent Faulkner married my cousin (Eric's sister) less than a year ago. They went missing after a powerful storm rolled the coast and capsized their 14-ft flat boat (reported on Sunday). They were found this afternoon 70 miles off the coast of Jacksonville by a turkish tanker - they are dehydrated and beat up but otherwise healthy.

I am sharing this news because:

1. We are bombarded by so much bad news these days - it is good to get some of the good news;

2. You should always let the people you love know how much you care for them because you never know when it may be the last time; and

3. Amazing things can and still do happen in our everyday lives and having faith in the 'good' that can come from any situation is a very, very powerful force. :holyness:

Eric, Shanti, and Vincent are my age - I saw Shanti and Vincent get married. It really strikes close to home when I realize how close that was to not being a very happy ending. It renews my faith that miracles can still happen. :)

JR

Thanks for sharing it, JR. I still believe that there is good in the world and in people. And, I believe in miracles.

Wow JR. How scary for the guys, and their families too. Glad to hear it all turned out okay.

We should have a "good news" thread. :)

I can not imagine being 70 miles out to sea in a 14 ft boat.

Glad this one ended happily.

Glad it turned out ok JR! It really hits home when something like this happens close to you. I still remember vividly the day in high school when a good friend was killed in a car wreck on the way to school. It makes you see how fragile everything really is.

Yikes! I'm glad everyone made it home safe. Next question, which one of them had the bright idea to venture out into the Atlantic Ocean on a 14' boat? I think I've seen bigger canoes then that.

Man, that was a pretty harrowing tale. Glad it ended OK.

I'm with rw on the intelligence of taking a boat like that out into the Atlantic. Sounded like a jonboat.

I am sharing this news because:1. We are bombarded by so much bad news these days - it is good to get some of the good news;
Wow JR! That is truly good news. Thank you very sharing.

====================================================================

I am sharing this news because:2. You should always let the people you love know how much you care for them because you never know when it may be the last time; and
I thought we had already established this. :)

Thank you jregieng for helping answer my ChE questions over in the Chemical forum and for making me feel welcomed when i first signed on. I LOVE YOU MAN !!! Oh... wait... my husband's not going to like that... that's the booze talking... LOL. Seriously, THANK YOU !!!

I am sharing this news because:3. Amazing things can and still do happen in our everyday lives and having faith in the 'good' that can come from any situation is a very, very powerful force. :holyness:
So very true.

Great news!
Did Wilson make it? :(
Too funny. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome jr! Did they look like Tom hanks in castaway?
They looked pretty rough - mostly sunburned and dehydrated; no majorly long beards.

I'm with rw on the intelligence of taking a boat like that out into the Atlantic. Sounded like a jonboat.
Got some pics for you taken by the sailors aboard the turkish tanker ....

My family are all old net fishermen - that goes back to my great grandfather who learned netmaking skills from local seminole native americans. I am thinking they won't be going back out into the open atlantic with such a small boat.

JR

thanks for sharing - that's wonderful news! I'm glad they're OK.

And yes, miracles still happen. :)

Back