Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODB_PE

Random thoughts

12,712 posts in this topic

I hate snakes in the outdoors because I don't know what kind they are, but I don't pass the opportunity to hold the smaller pet snakes like boas. I think if I know it can't kill me, then I'm fine with them.

Bossman "They should still be hibernating since it's cold, you'll be okay."

Me "It's supposed to be 90 on Friday"

Bossman: *Pause* "It takes them a few hours to wake up"

Me *freaks out*

I have to go out in the field on friday and i was just given instructions on how to avoid snakes. texas sucks.

take a shotgun :th_rockon:

My random thought for this afternoon:

I am sick - I appear to have caught my little nephews bug. :( I haven't kept much down today, so I thought about cooking up some Cream of Wheat (Farina) - that always seems to do well by me.

As I was reading the variations of preparing the farina, I noted that you could substitute milk for water. Taking some inspiration from the Scotch Ramen exchange, I was wondering how substituting Baileys Irish Cream instead of milk would work?

Any thoughts?

JR

Bossman "They should still be hibernating since it's cold, you'll be okay."

Me "It's supposed to be 90 on Friday"

Me *freaks out*

If you do see one, just start stomping on his tail!

Frankenstein never scared me.

Marsupials do!

Cause their FAST!

Somebody's been watching kids movies lately. "The Wild?"

I am sick - I appear to have caught my little nephews bug. :( I haven't kept much down today, so I thought about cooking up some Cream of Wheat (Farina) - that always seems to do well by me.

As I was reading the variations of preparing the farina, I noted that you could substitute milk for water. Taking some inspiration from the Scotch Ramen exchange, I was wondering how substituting Baileys Irish Cream instead of milk would work?

Any thoughts?

JR

Try it. What have you got to lose? Just some cream of wheat and some baileys.

Yeah, until you get WARM, or they have been laying on a rock to warm up, they will be

S L O WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Rattlers always warn you first, right? So what's the big deal?

;)

Any thoughts?

JR

I say try it and report back...

Like Fraz said.. what do you have to lose? youre already sick right?

Sheriff Bryan Whipple said the police found the woman after her boyfriend called police late last month to report there was "something wrong" with her.

I wonder if he told her not to squeeze the Charmin?

I have to go out in the field on friday and i was just given instructions on how to avoid snakes. texas sucks.

Snakes? We consider most of our purchasing agents to be snakes.

Speaking of snakes, I have what should be my last meeting with the pharma client from hell this afternoon to do a final review of a $60M budget. Things have been too quiet this week... they may attack hard this afternoon!

Investigators will present a report to prosecutors who will determine whether any charges should be filed.

What would the charges be???

Camping in Texas is fun though, especially when you come back to your tent and a coral snake slithers out of it. :)

Just remember red and black, friend of Jack. Red and yellow kills a fellow. Now that you got that down you only need to worry about the rattlers, copperheads and water moccasins.

Good luck!

What would the charges be???

wrongful imprisonment?

either that or running out of TP...

What's the best way to reheat spaghetti?

tied to a straightened coat hanger over an open flame.

1 person likes this

Microwave for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds to ensure proper heating distribution.

My thought for the day is that I ate WAY too much for lunch. I went to the Hooters down the street from my office and destroyed a plate of wings, fries, 3 glasses of ice tea and chased it with a giant wedge of chocolate cake. I feel so bloated right now...

Random Thoughts for the day:

Jessica Alba

Midget Jello wrestling

Dogs playing poker

Funny ringtones for your phone

Do you know someone with verbal diahrea

Using a double boiler, warm the spaghetti for 20-30 minutes. Add a 1/4 cup of beef broth to the spaghetti during the reheating, and drain (and capture).

Use the beef broth to form a roux after sauteeing some garlic and onions. Thicken the roux with tomato paste.

Stir roux into warmed up spaghetti, and transfer into a baking dish.

Coarsely shred some pamagiano-reggiano and mozzarella over the dish and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to broiler for final 5 minutes.

Transfer to plate and garnish with parsley and basil leaves.

enjoy.

OR,

Microwave, stir, repeat

How much will I be paying for gas in a couple of month's??? $3.75/gal $4.00/gal....more!??? It really makes me a bit nervous since I stop every other day to put gas in my car!!

I drive 110 miles round trip to work.

Would I look :ghey: If I drove a Prius instead? <-- yea....never mind!

How much will I be paying for gas in a couple of month's??? $3.75/gal $4.00/gal....more!??? It really makes me a bit nervous since I stop every other day to put gas in my car!!

NCCARGuy in a Prius???!!!!!!

:hung-037:

Next thing we'll see GTScott in a used Yugo.

It is my understanding that microwaves "cook" by exciting the water molecules in the food. As such, microwaved (only not counting browining type microwave ovens) food can be heated above 212 deg F and as it heats it boils the water out of the food potentially making it dry. For this reason I often sprinkle a small amount if water over the top of the plate of cooked spaghetti prior to reheating it in the microwave. This keeps it moist and pliable. Also, as others have said stir it occassionally to get uniform heating.

I'm at about 110 mile round trip too, but I usually only need to fill up every third day. Used to be everyother day... I traded the Blazer for the CRV about 1.5 yrs ago. I got the title papers this week, so it is officially MINE :multiplespotting:

We have a couple Priuses as state vehicles...they are nice for the occasional drive, but I couldn't drive one all the time. A little too small for my liking.

NCCARGuy in a Prius???!!!!!!

:hung-037:

Next thing we'll see GTScott in a used Yugo.

Knowing GT's penchant for Italian cars, I'd vote for a used Fiat

I got you beat by 80 miles round trip... lightweight!

I could drive a Pious and still have the carbon footprint of a tyrannosaurus... Don't get me started on gas $!