Refrigeration Pressure - Enthalpy Diagrams on Test Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHEngineer037

Reaction score
Does anyone know if refrigerant tables and pressure-enthalpy diagrams are provided during the exam that we can write on?

If I flip to my own refrigeration tables in ASHRAE or in a binder and put my pencil to paper to trace something out, that is a test taking no-no, right?

Thank you,

Ryan

Generally speaking, if there is charting to do, they will provide what is necessary for you to chart on. I would be sure to talk to the proctors about what is acceptable during the exam.  If you are using your pencil as no more than a place holder on a diagram that is likely ok, but like I said ASK THE PROCOTRS!  :)

Point with your eraser. There's no reason to risk failing just because you get a stickler of a proctor.

Also, the advice I was given many times is that if you write in pencil on your own material make sure you highlight over it.

I can't remember if I needed to draw on the actual test, but the practice test for TFS from NCEES includes charts when you might need to draw some lines. I personally used my own chart on that problem  as mine was color coded and highlighted.

Latest posts

Back