Anyone thought was gonna pass and didn't ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a possibility for a lot of people to have that thought. The questions and answers are designed to show the most common mistakes. One wrong unit conversion or factor of safety will show an answer, giving the exam taker confidence that they got the right answer. 

Exactly. When I left the test I said to myself...I either aced it or missed 20. For the problems that included calcs (non-conceptual) I arrived at a number on each that was a potential answer...but like the commenter above mentioned, 1 answer is correct and the other three are traps.

Exactly. When I left the test I said to myself...I either aced it or missed 20. For the problems that included calcs (non-conceptual) I arrived at a number on each that was a potential answer...but like the commenter above mentioned, 1 answer is correct and the other three are traps.
Do you know if you passed yet?

A test that aims to trick you isn't a real test. Are you in a profession that sets out to trick and trap others?

A test that aims to trick you isn't a real test. Are you in a profession that sets out to trick and trap others?
A test to show basic competency will have the easy mistakes one would make if they are not competent. So yeah, they have trick questions and traps.

Still passable.

I know if I had more time, I would have passed it.  Tremors in the hands can be a bitch.

I took Transportation last october and I failed.

I took school of PE.( they need to update their course)

I read many comments on this forum and decided to go for the EET course. I choosed the webinar class.

EET is excellent. In my opinion way better than the school of PE.

Transportation depth course was excellent. Samir rocks. The course follows the outline of NCEES. He cares about students and he does practice sessions as well. At the end of the class, they have a simulation exam.

I would highly recommend you EET.

Morning crew, Amir and Nazril are also excellent instructors.

Also, I would recommend Goswami practice exams (all of them 2012, 2014 ) , PPI and the NCEES 2014.

The questions are in the same order as the NCEES 2014 practice exam. Exam questions are a harder tho.

dont give up

I know it sucks but keep going

Anybody take the CA State Specific Survey exam and fail but thought they had nailed it like me?

Anybody take the CA State Specific Survey exam and fail but thought they had nailed it like me?
I wasn't too confident on surveying, but I got through it and passed!  Seismic was pretty straight forward with the EET book (didn't really even use Hiner).

Back