photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oneiros

Has anyone used this reference?

9 posts in this topic

I forgot how much PPI charges for their materials. smiley-violent116.gif

JR

I plan on buying the book when I finish my other study materials (CERM, 6-min, and M&E), but that shouldn't be for another month at least.

The original question was asked a year ago, so I'll ask again. Do I need this if I have the CERM and plan on taking the WR/Env PM section?

I bought it for the April exam and went through it prior to the test. Honestly, I found it to be useless during the exam. However, I did have notes from the School of PE that overlapped the additional information presented in this reference.

You don't need it but I did find it helpful, especially the hydrology and groundwater questions.

I think someone mentioned it in a previous thread but Introduction to Environmental Engineering by Cromwell was extremely useful during the depth exam.

I have the ppi book. I used it during my study period but never opened it for my exam. Passed October 2012's Water Resources exam. I strongly encourage the Davis/Cromwell book. Answered several questions from that book. Also used Applied Hydraulics by Mott extensively. My suggestion: get the materials listed as references in the CURRENT NCEES practice exam. They're listed specifically for a reason. I actually found the Davis/Cromwell book the day before sitting at a used bookstore with a engineering section. PActually realized I didn't have it until then. Went into panic mode but lucky I found it. Great for the definition type questions for sure.

Good luck.

I used that book for the October exam. I think it is a good reference to have on hand instead of the big book for the afternoon portion of the exam. As far as how much I actually used it during the exam, I think maybe a few times, mostly for the hydraulic piping examples.