Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Yes there is NFL and NCAA talk on the radio and ESPN now

:party-smiley-048:

I'll start, which SEC Team will go all the way in the Fake College Super Bowl this year?

hate to say it but my money would be on Florida

I was also glad to see Vick get a second chance (also glad he isnt a falcon btw) didnt a nfl player run over and kill someone last year that only got probation? I cant wait to watch the media circus begin when he signs with Oakland in a few days....

I was also glad to see Vick get a second chance
I'm not. But not really because of the whole dog-fighting thing. I just think that the Vick brothers are worthless thugs and wastes of human life. Michael has always been more talk than talent, and his brother Marcus just sealed my hate for their whole family when he stomped on Elvis Dumerville's leg after a play in the 2006 Gator Bowl.

my reasons are not so much that I really care for him to do well, but if he can do 2 years in the federal slammer and keep his head on straight I think he will be a bigger influence on the kids that will still look up to him more so than if he went from jail to "the man" of the NFL not allowing him to re-enter the nfl. we all know kids shouldnt look up to him, but regardelss there will be. I was at a falcons game late in the season last year after Ryan was renaming the town and there were still tons and tons of Vick jerseys...

Vick carried a team to the big dance pretty much by himself in college and his brother was an obvious drop off in talent.

But seriosly there was an NFL player that actually killed someone (ran over a homeless guy or something) that didnt even get 1/10th of the attention that vick got over some dogs. Lets see person versus dog?

^Dante Stallworth, he got 24 days in jail.

Lets look at the bright side. No more Brett Favre (for the time being).

Whoever says he hasn't tarnished his "legacy" is full of it. I had no problem with Brett Favre two years ago. But now? Even typing his name irritates the living hell out of me.

^ I do a lot of work at a nuclear plant near Green Bay. Two years ago, you would have thought Favre was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The attitude up there is a little different now. :D

Lets look at the bright side. No more Brett Favre (for the time being).

Whoever says he hasn't tarnished his "legacy" is full of it. I had no problem with Brett Favre two years ago. But now? Even typing his name irritates the living hell out of me.
Totally agree. I always considered Favre a stand-up guy, but now he is just another egotistical prick as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why any team would want him because it's all about him, not the team.

On another note, I hope that the Panthers rebound from that dismal playoff game last year that they forgot to show up for. That game was bad enough to make a grown man cry.

X2 on the Panthers. Not a Panthers fan, but they're my favorite team in their division.

My Jets will be dismal this year I'm sure. Mark Sanchez was way overrated, and when he doesn't have USC receivers 10 yards ahead of the nearest defender and all day to stand there and throw, he's going to be in for a rude awakening.

Of course, the only schools I hate more than USC are Florida and maybe Michigan (yeah, OSU vs. Michigan rivalry, but they're horrible, so I'm indifferent), so I may be slightly biased.

My Jets will be dismal this year I'm sure. Mark Sanchez was way overrated, and when he doesn't have USC receivers 10 yards ahead of the nearest defender and all day to stand there and throw, he's going to be in for a rude awakening.
He has no one to throw it to. I have no idea who Sanchez is, but a top QB would be hard pressed to make those guys into something, much less a rookie.

I got tickets to see Pats-Titans here in mid-October. That should be a fun matchup. 4 PM start in New England that time of the fall is awesome for football.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has no one to throw it to. I have no idea who Sanchez is, but a top QB would be hard pressed to make those guys into something, much less a rookie.
I got tickets to see Pats-Titans here in mid-October. That should be a fun matchup. 4 PM start in New England that time of the fall is awesome for football.

While they don't have any real big names, they can be decent. When they were playing up the short passes, they did quite well with Favre in the first half of the season. When he started throwing his usual interception upon interception, they lost however many games in a row.

They do need to pick up at least one big name threat.

On another note, I hope that the Panthers rebound from that dismal playoff game last year that they forgot to show up for.
Does the NFL still have playoffs? I live in Michigan, where the NFL falls off the radar by Halloween or sooner, every year.

On a related note, I just posted my favorite tailgate recipe over on the Recipe exchange thread.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=9827

detroit2.jpg

Chuck, I will agree... Go Tigers. Just another group of Tigers.

Mizzou kicks off against Illinois in:

seconds - 3300260

or

minutes - 55004.33333

or

hours - 916.7388889

or

Days - 38.1974537

or

weeks - 5.456779101

or

months - 1.259256716