Spreadsheet to Analyze Civil Diagnostic

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CivE Bricky

Reaction score
Thinking about my strong and weak areas using this form really helped me focus my study efforts. I made versions for all five major civil disciplines. If you find any errors, please let me know - or fix them and post the revised version.

This is one of my "thank yous" for the help I got here. Please feel free to pass this spreadsheet on to others and credit engineerboards.com.

For example: I used this to plan out my study time on Transportation -- for me, 20-30 or so hours studying Geometric Design was going to gain me most of the 8 morn questions and 12 aftn questions I got wrong in that topic, while it would have likely taken 50-100 hours studying structural to gain 1 or 2 questions on morning Structural (I was already running at 4-5 right -- had picked the low-hanging fruit.)

To use the spreadsheet, type the % correct from your diagnostic report into the blue column and then look at descriptions of each study area (see link at bottom of each sheet) to make a right-for-you decision on target # correct for each topic area, based on how hard it will be for you to learn that topic.

Hope this helps - ENJOY!

Good work on this. I guess we wouldn't be engineers if there wasn't a spreadsheet involved.

Thinking about my strong and weak areas using this form really helped me focus my study efforts. I made versions for all five major civil disciplines. If you find any errors, please let me know - or fix them and post the revised version.
This is one of my "thank yous" for the help I got here. Please feel free to pass this spreadsheet on to others and credit engineerboards.com.

For example: I used this to plan out my study time on Transportation -- for me, 20-30 or so hours studying Geometric Design was going to gain me most of the 8 morn questions and 12 aftn questions I got wrong in that topic, while it would have likely taken 50-100 hours studying structural to gain 1 or 2 questions on morning Structural (I was already running at 4-5 right -- had picked the low-hanging fruit.)

To use the spreadsheet, type the % correct from your diagnostic report into the blue column and then look at descriptions of each study area (see link at bottom of each sheet) to make a right-for-you decision on target # correct for each topic area, based on how hard it will be for you to learn that topic.

Hope this helps - ENJOY!
Bricky - THIS IS TOTALLY WICKED!!

I wish I had this for the times I had to try to figure out what I got. As a matter of fact, I am going to go over my old diagnostic summaries and give it a whirl.

I am definately going to pass this on to some people who failed (I'll wait a week or so). This is a great way to get them back studying the right stuff.

Good job!

Bricky - I see you are from central NY. What coutny? Any work up there? My wife wants to leave Long Island, problem is I have a pretty good job in the city. I am in Suffolk County
I messaged you.

And thx for the compliments!

Guys, I'm new to this board and so far I'm impressed with the info some of you guys are sharing. I have taken the PE Civil/Geotech and fail each time. Looking at the spreadsheet is really helping me plan my study. Thanx guys once again

Back