TENNESSEE - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrinley

Reaction score
This is my first time taking the PE (April 09) and my first time posting. I sure wish they would find a way to speed up this process. I hate waiting. You would think they could get the results in faster, or do they just like torturing us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to EB!

Hang in there, it's getting close. Does your licensing board have a calendar on their website where you can see what day they are meeting to approve the scores? Mine doesn't (MS), but I know others boards do.

Welcome to EB!
Hang in there, it's getting close. Does your licensing board have a calendar on their website where you can see what day they are meeting to approve the scores? Mine doesn't (MS), but I know others boards do.
My licensing board met yesterday, hmm, nah, could not be that lucky

[SIZE=18pt]It's worse than water boarding[/SIZE]. :mf_followthroughfart:

This is my first time taking the PE (April 09) and my first time posting. I sure wish they would find a way to speed up this process. I hate waiting. You would think they could get the results in faster, or do they just like torturing us.

I've come to the conclusion that they really want to make getting a PE as hard as possible. By the time you find out you didn't pass, you only have 3 (in some cases 2) months to study for the next exam. This is completely rediculous.

[SIZE=18pt]It's worse than water boarding[/SIZE]. :mf_followthroughfart:

I guess we have to wait till Obama administration declares that the what the state boards are doing for our PE results amounts to toture!! and bans it!!!

I just checked the Maine board's web site, and it says their next meeting is June 18th. Hopefully they'll be sending them out after that.

the latest of all the engineering boards that meet and use Elses is Arizona, they meet on June 23, hopefully we all don't have to wait until then

I'm not sure there is any connection to scores and board meetings... In Texas, there was no December meeting, and last June's board meeting was 2 weeks after scores were out (test was earlier in April).

I'm not sure there is any connection to scores and board meetings... In Texas, there was no December meeting, and last June's board meeting was 2 weeks after scores were out (test was earlier in April).
You are correct. Some state boards require results reporting directly to them before reporting results to examinees (See Maine or Texas for example). Others like mine (Colorado) allow ELSES to email the results directly to the examinees without regard to any board communication or meeting.

Though Texas is a "board report" state, they may not require a meeting to approve their results before they send them to examinees. It is also easy to believe that other state boards review and approve results in a meeting before reporting them to examinees.

It seems the "email report" states will be the first to know. Anyone can check ELSES (http://www.els-examreg.org/) and click on their state to find out if they should expect ELSES to report their results directly to them or to their state board.

[SIZE=18pt]I guess the result will come in in the next two weeks.[/SIZE]

Right after the exam (SE I) in April, I felt that I passed it 99% sure.

Now after these long days of waiting and more and more weights on the result set in (jobs and so on), I became more and more uncertain and anxious.

Man, talking about torture!

Good luck for every one and God bless me to pass this one. :sharkattack:

I'm in Tennessee, and i know last time that friends i had in Texas and Mississippi got their results a good bit of time before my friend in Tennessee. of course, Texas and Mississippi friends both past while my tn friend failed. would you guys, with more experience, say that tn is usually a later reporter or, did he just get his results later because he failed? It's my first waiting experience this time around and i'm wondering if there is a pattern...

Most states the passing candidates are notified first. Usually if you know someone else in a state that receives a passing notification and you don't get one for the next one or two days that is a bad sign.

thanks for the info. i will hope to be one of the first tns to be notified. in the meantime i'll relax (as much as i can...)

we can tell how relaxed I am by the way i'm constantly checking the recent posts...

we can tell how relaxed I am by the way i'm constantly checking the recent posts...
I am also increasingly less relaxed with each day I get closer to knowing the result!

Today I called the state of CT (where I took exam) to ask about their board meeting last week & how it relates to our results...was told that it isn't related, and to expect a 12 week wait...grrrrreaaaaaaaat!! She said late June, early July, OMG......seriously?!?!

Please post if you passed or failed the April 2009 PE Exam. This was my first time taking it, hopefully it will be my only time taking it.

Now the time is coming, boys and girls in Tennessee!

When do you think we'll get ours in the mail?

Back