2008 Pass Rates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC-mike

Reaction score
What are the PE exam pass rates for April 2008?

Examination First-time takers Repeat takers

Architectural 79% 24%

Chemical 73% 23%

Civil 64% 29%

Elecrical and Computer 69% 34%

Environmental 63% 21%

Mechanical 67% 37%

Naval Architecture & Marine 76% 33%

Structural I 46% 24%

Structural II 56% 32%

http://www.ncees.org/exams/pass_rates/

Last edited by a moderator:
hey I was right mechanical is easier than civil....

take that whoever I was argueing with, on whatever thread we were arguing on....

From the argument going on with the passing rates, I guess that structural engineers are dumber than a post.....

But this assumes that each exam is equal in difficulty....... :smileyballs:

We all know chemical is the hardest so the high pass rate just speaks to the fact that all Chem E's are smart!

^No argument there.... but there is a fine line between genius and madness and I think we all know which side of that line Chem E's are on...

for those states that just say pass/fail, even if you pass I think they should send you a copy of your diagnostic report so you can see how you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone care to comment on the significance of these four data points:

Architectural 79% 24%

Civil 64% 29%

Why is first-timer ArchEng higher than first-time CivilEng, but repeat-taker ArchEng are below repeat-taker CivilEng?

Why is first-timer ArchEng higher than first-time CivilEng, but repeat-taker ArchEng are below repeat-taker CivilEng?
Because the Arch's crayons are duller the second time and NCEES doesn't allow the box w/sharpener in the test room?

I passed the mechanical PE but didn't get a score from NCEES -- I wonder whether it sends your score to the states?

I find it peculiar that the pass rate for mechanical has been the same since the early 1900's....lol

I wouldn't be surprised if a percentage passes, rather than the hard 70% needed.

I know it doesn't matter, but all this talk makes me wonder if I passed by a lot or barely passed...

Back