Bad news, prepare to wait

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kschwa

Reaction score
Both on this board and the "other board" there are reports by posters that have claimed to have called ELSES and been told results were sent out from ELSES starting last tuesday or wednesday. I am not sure what to make of those, maybe there was a misunderstanding and that meant ELSES released it to NCEES, but seeing as how NCEES owns ELSES, that seems confusing. Anyway, in the midst of these reports and expecting results the end of this week, I went to the ELSES web site and clicked on the "contact ELSES" tab on the left hand of the page. I then went to the "online feedback form" and sent a question asking when they would be finished sending out all the results to the states, because I was assuming that the reports of results going out to the state boards last week was correct. This is the response I received yesterday afternoon. On the bright side, they did respond to me in a matter of hours, so anyone who wants to verify what i am saying is correct, can do so quickly.

"None of the FE and PE results have been released yet by the NCEES. We

are expecting them to be released by sometime next week. For WY, the

results will go to the Board first and then the WY Board will notify

their candidates."

So boys and girls, the way I look at it, we are probably looking at the 17th/18th ish, depending on your individual state........................ :( :( :( :(

Both on this board and the "other board" there are reports by posters that have claimed to have called ELSES and been told results were sent out from ELSES starting last tuesday or wednesday. I am not sure what to make of those, maybe there was a misunderstanding and that meant ELSES released it to NCEES, but seeing as how NCEES owns ELSES, that seems confusing. Anyway, in the midst of these reports and expecting results the end of this week, I went to the ELSES web site and clicked on the "contact ELSES" tab on the left hand of the page. I then went to the "online feedback form" and sent a question asking when they would be finished sending out all the results to the states, because I was assuming that the reports of results going out to the state boards last week was correct. This is the response I received yesterday afternoon. On the bright side, they did respond to me in a matter of hours, so anyone who wants to verify what i am saying is correct, can do so quickly.
"None of the FE and PE results have been released yet by the NCEES. We

are expecting them to be released by sometime next week. For WY, the

results will go to the Board first and then the WY Board will notify

their candidates."

So boys and girls, the way I look at it, we are probably looking at the 17th/18th ish, depending on your individual state........................ :( :( :( :(

They better get on it pretty quick! Florida allows them to administer and grade the test if and only if results are sent out in 60 days. So they could mail them next Tuesday if they wish (at the latest)

This is perfectly consistent with my phone conversation with ELSES two weeks ago. They said late to mid June results would be mailed, but probably closer to mid June.

They better get on it pretty quick! Florida allows them to administer and grade the test if and only if results are sent out in 60 days. So they could mail them next Tuesday if they wish (at the latest)
Where do you see this regulation? Just because Florida puts on their website that you should be notified in 60 days doesn't imply this. Where are you looking?

I really really wanted to believe the I believe it was two posters who had claimed ELSES told them the mailings began last week:( But, now that I know it will be a couple more weeks, I am actually a bit more relaxed because I am free from the "any moment now" stress.

Really I was pretty care free about the results until about a week/week and a half ago, now I just want to know. I think I've gone through all the phases in a little over a week

stage one: optimism the results might come soon

stage two: praying the results come soon

stage three: getting irritated the results aren't here

stage four: utter disbelief at the level of incompetence or total disregard for those of us waiting it must take for results to take this long in this day and age to a scan tron test. my sister took her nursing test (2 yr degree) and had the option to pay an extra 100 bucks to get the results electronically either the next day or certain the first week vs 2-4 weeks..............and i dare say it's as important that nurses have legit credentials as engineers.......

stage five: acceptance due to feeling completely beat down by the process

Oh well, i'll be the first to admit that once I have that hot little PE certificate in my hands, i will no longer care about the process to get it and won't be spearheading anything to speed it up or get it changed......

Where do you see this regulation? Just because Florida puts on their website that you should be notified in 60 days doesn't imply this. Where are you looking?
You can obtain a copy of the agreement between ELSES and FBPE from the board, it is state record.

You can obtain a copy of the agreement between ELSES and FBPE from the board, it is state record.
Is there a link? Why don't you just tell me where it is in the agreement? I assume you have a copy. Why not just quote the section. I'm not really that interested, I don't live in Florida and I passed anyway, I have just never heard this before. By the way, it is not that I don't believe you. I think people would be anxious to know if this were really true.

Last edited by a moderator:
it depends on who you call - NCEES (800-250-3196) continues to instst the results started going out late last week and should arrive any day. ELSES (877-536-7729), however, says next week at the earliest.

I guess it just depends on who you beleive. I'm honestly begineeing to beleive the folks at NCEES since they are the ones appearantly doing the actual mailing. so i think there's hope yet for a fun weekend :)

Another thing to consider as well would be as to which results are being sent first. Are specific states released first? Are certain disciplines being released before others (ME, PE, FE, PS, FS, EE, etc)? Is it one big mass mailing that covers all states and disciplines that just takes a couple of weeks to jam into the mailbox?

There were several different PE's to be graded (electrical, civil, mechanical, etc) and any number of the different exams offered by the ELSES / NCEES could be mailed out right now. All of the reports can be accurate once you analyze what that particular caller/operator discussed.

Some of the results that are being sent out right now may be along the lines of the FS or the ME or EE side of things (tests that aren't necessisarily represented on this board).

If someone has a response from either the ELSES or NCEES that specifically says that ___ state's PE exams are being sent out, by all means let us know. Everything that I've seen posted at both this site and the other are very vague generalized responses and I have even seen a post or two stating that the operator "wasn't sure which results were being sent" or that they "couldn't release which results were being sent first." Blah, blah, blah...

I am to the point that I won't believe anything concerning the "results are being sent out" threads until I actually have my own letter in my hands. No disrepect for anyone here or the people at the ELSES or NCEES concerning these topics, but there are just too many fake "I got results" or vague "results are being sent" posts to sift through that all I can read them for the entertainment value and to pass the time...

Last edited:
i appreciate your point but "None of the FE and PE results have been released yet by the NCEES." seems pretty specific and non-vague to me. But i agree all the fake posts and liars make it almost pointless to post real stuff....

I was referring more specifically at the other posts in the "I just called the NCEES/ELSES and they said..." but your initial post still ties into my "which results are being sent first" comment from my previous post. We can clearly see that the FE and PE have not been sent based on the response you posted, so which results are the other threads referring to when they said the results are being sent?

By no means am I attacking you or calling you a liar as you are simply repeating what you have been told. However we can all see from the numerous "I contacted the NCEES/ELSES and they said..." threads (including this one) that the people releasing the statements everyone is repeating may or may not know anything regarding what is actually being done. This is very common when fairly large companies have a bank of operators in place to simply respond to the numerous calls & e-mails received from their customers.

If you ever have some available time, contact your cell phone's customer service line and see how many different responses and how many different operaors you can get. It gets really bad when you ask for a previously contacted operator by name and the one on the phone replies, "Who?" I doubt the NCEES/ELSES is this large, but something else to consider.

Honestly I think we really have no new information even after everyone has contacted the NCEES / ELSES simply due to the large variety of responses that have been relayed. The only thing that seems to be consistant in the responses is that the results have not been received yet and that most of us (Sorry California) will receive our letters within the 12 weeks that the ELSES originally stated.

Last edited:
I was referring more specifically at the other posts in the "I just called the NCEES/ELSES and they said..." but your initial post still ties into my "which results are being sent first" comment from my previous post. We can clearly see that the FE and PE have not been sent based on the response you posted, so which results are the other threads referring to when they said the results are being sent?
By no means am I attacking you or calling you a liar as you are simply repeating what you have been told. However we can all see from the numerous "I contacted the NCEES/ELSES and they said..." threads (including this one) that the people releasing the statements everyone is repeating may or may not know anything regarding what is actually being done. This is very common when fairly large companies have a bank of operators in place to simply respond to the numerous calls & e-mails received from their customers.

If you ever have some available time, contact your cell phone's customer service line and see how many different responses and how many different operaors you can get. It gets really bad when you ask for a previously contacted operator by name and the one on the phone replies, "Who?" I doubt the NCEES/ELSES is this large, but something else to consider.

Honestly I think we really have no new information even after everyone has contacted the NCEES / ELSES simply due to the large variety of responses that have been relayed. The only thing that seems to be consistant in the responses is that the results have not been received yet and that most of us (Sorry California) will receive our letters within the 12 weeks that the ELSES originally stated.
I have pretty thick skin and always assume people are being sincere............i didn't take your post as attacking or calling me a liar, as i hope you haven't taken mine in any negative manner because they certainly are not meant that way. You make good points that i happen to agree with. And actually your main point is kinda funny to me because i have always lived by, "if you don't like the answer, keep asking until you get a different one" motto and continue to be shocked at how often it applies.

I am figuring on getting clarification on the matter from ncees this afternoon, and that'll be that. Right now i am anticipating middle of the month..........oh well.......

I have pretty thick skin and always assume people are being sincere............i didn't take your post as attacking or calling me a liar, as i hope you haven't taken mine in any negative manner because they certainly are not meant that way. You make good points that i happen to agree with. And actually your main point is kinda funny to me because i have always lived by, "if you don't like the answer, keep asking until you get a different one" motto and continue to be shocked at how often it applies.
I am figuring on getting clarification on the matter from ncees this afternoon, and that'll be that. Right now i am anticipating middle of the month..........oh well.......
Yeah, we're cool. I just didn't want anyone to say their response was more or less valid than anyone else's.

The only reason I brought up the cell phone company is because I had spent the better part of yesterday evening on the phone with several different people at my provider's customer service center and was surprised as to the completely incosistant range of answers I was receiving for the same series of questions. About 2/3rds of the way through the mind-numbing braindamage I actually started to think of the PE exam and the responses that had been posted.

At this point I would simply be happy with a response before father's day (9weeks), although the 4th of July would be the 12 week anniversary. All I know is that it's out of my hands, and just like everyone else, am getting frustrated with the wait (although I am starting to show signs of stage 5 from the above post).

We all have been where you are now guys, and were "victims" of the fake posts about Results In. If that bothers you...well...I do not know what to say. It was pretty funny when it happened to me and I got a good laugh.

The official results are still, at least, one week away and when that time comes I can promise you there will be no more fake posts. Try to be relax and have a good time. The results will come sooner than later.

G'luck mates.

Damnit DK... if you promise no more fake posts then they will know that the real post is real... you're taking all the fun out if it. I say keep the fake outs coming!

Back