Continental Testing Results - IL

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wasn't available when I took the test back on oct 2006. But I tried logging in and it had the listings for the oct exam I took, where I took it and that I passed.

There is an online lookup for Illinois on the IDPE website that will give you your license # if you passed. https://www.idfpr.com/dpr/licenselookup/default.asp I got the actual license in the mail beore I got the letter from CTS saying I passed.

I tried it and it said that the results for the PE are incomplete as of this time and "Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval". I guess this means that they are not done grading them? Hopefully soon!!

A friend of mine has confirmed that the results have begun posting on the CTS website. Unfortunately he failed. :(

Illinois has never been one of the first to report...usually a week or so after the first states come out. Maybe it was the survey results he was referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Illinois has never been one of the first to report...usually a week or so after the first states come out. Maybe it was the survey results he was referring to.
Mine still says incomplete, and no, we both took the PE. Believe it, the suspense is killing me! I am wondering if, for some reason, only the failed results are being posted. I hope that is the case anyway.

Remember, the online check with CTS is new this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine said fail earlier this week. I called and they explained that it said fail because the final grades are not in and that is how the computer reads it. It switched to incomplete today.

Mine said fail earlier this week. I called and they explained that it said fail because the final grades are not in and that is how the computer reads it. It switched to incomplete today.
i called the board today and they said the expect to get the results from NCEES sometime this week. They weren't sure how long it would take to be posted online afterwards. the wait continues.....

i called the board today and they said the expect to get the results from NCEES sometime this week. They weren't sure how long it would take to be posted online afterwards. the wait continues.....
I e-mailed CT and got two reponses:

Results are mailed out approximately three months following the exam. Results will be posted online just before the release.

Carrie Penney

Screener

and

Results will be posted online when they come in. They will only be online right before they are mailed.

Carrie Penney

Screener

So, I am thinking sometime next week, hopefully sooner!

Three months later would be middle of July wouldn't it??? A post said IL received their results June 29, after a later april test. That would put it end of this week to next week. Hope the three month thing is wrong.

I contacted IDFPR this morning and got this response:

"To my knowledge, the exam scores have not yet been released in Illinois.

You can check on the CTS website for your exam score when it is posted."

So how is this going to work....first the results are posted on CTS website, then IDFPR and after that we should get our letters in the mail? On the CTS website it says that the results will take about 8 weeks after the test...that would be June 6. Hopefully soon...the anticipation is killing me.

So how is this going to work....first the results are posted on CTS website, then IDFPR and after that we should get our letters in the mail? On the CTS website it says that the results will take about 8 weeks after the test...that would be June 6. Hopefully soon...the anticipation is killing me.
The CTS website access is new this year, the most they will be able to tell you is pass/fail as Illinois no longers gives scores. The IDPFR website will show you your license #. The state does not send a letter if you pass...they just send the 5x7 and pocket size copy of your license. CTS sends a letter with the pass/fail.

Will CTS be sending us an email when they have the results? I am hearing that alot of the other states are sending out emails once results are in and before they send the official letter.

Back