2008 APRIL RESULTS 3 WEEKS EARLY!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calculator

Reaction score
I got to talk to few people in ELSES on friday!! They confirmed, the results will be 2-3 weeks early than usual, for this time. Supposedly, they have adopted a improved testing software this time. Who knows??? :please:

I got to talk to few people in ELSES on friday!! They confirmed, the results will be 2-3 weeks early than usual, for this time. Supposedly, they have adopted a improved testing software this time. Who knows??? :please:
What's the job title of your source?

it's way too early to start the fake post. Keep drinking!!! :brickwall:

^^^ Hey Poly .. it's been awhile! Haven't seen your cynical side before ... I like it!! :plusone:

BTW .. good luck on the retake. :)

JR

I don't believe that the time (8 weeks or so) they needed in the past was because they did not have a software, but because of other issues, and these issues are, I guess, require manual inputs.

This is not year 1995 that we get substantial shift in the durations just because of change in software. Software are almost in saturated state, and a new software in 2008 will not bring that much of shift. Period.

If there is something related to the other issues, then I can believe, but I will assume that it is just a statistical shift, than the likely new shift for forever.

Only one reasoning you can give for the early result is on the syllabus change in civil engineering. In the past, the PM shift used to have a mix of other areas as well: e.g. Geotech major used to have 65% from geotech while other 35% used to be based on Water Resource and Highway engineering. If the civil engineering section is the main contributor to this 8 week length of time period for sending the result to examinees, then it can bring a dramatic shift this time onwards. It is possible provided they used to work in series in the past, not in parallel in resolving various issues that they needed to deal in the aftermath of exams.

Overall, my expectations will not be that optimistic (3 weeks or so early compared to the time in the past), but it can be 1 week or so: 8 weeks being the mean / average duration.

GeoCivil

I'm just very happy that I don't have to wait this year. It was painful last year, but when the license comes, it's worth it.

Besides, the game of anticipating the date the results will be available is a good distraction. Keep on guessing.

Three weeks earlier would put the results almost into May, which doesn't seem to jive with Vish's information about the meeting not happening until May 15th for the committees to determine scores.

However, trimming 2-3 weeks off would be nice! I'd have 3 extra weeks of bliss before I had to start studying again....

I think the following emoticon will adequately characterize the original poster's statements ...

bsflag.gif

JR

According to this, South Carolina and/or Arizona should receive their results by next week May 19-24. Usually, any new testing software should be double checked for quality control purposes.

According to this, South Carolina and/or Arizona should receive their results by next week May 19-24. Usually, any new testing software should be double checked for quality control purposes.

Somebody who has made 3 posts waltzes in here and makes big statements with no backup and you guys just believe him? Didn't we hear that the civil meeting to set the passing score is this week or next week? How could scores come out any faster?

It's on the internet so it must be true!

If you go to the ELSES web site, you'll see the states that have had thier results sent out already: http://www.els-examreg.org/
Well one of us is blind, because I can't see anything on there that says ELSES has already released their scores. It says they will be released approximately 12 weeks after the exam.

If I'm missing it on there, please point it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not missing a thing...the only thing on there says "releases" which could have been read as released for direct mail states.

I'm starting to really wonder about the 1 post people posting stuff like this as the first post.

[SIZE=12pt]I JUST CHECKED MY STATE WEBSITE AND FOUND OUT THAT I PASSED!!!![/SIZE] :woot:

I refrained from giving this thread any weight... and i am continuing to do so... all i want to tell is this is the weekend when the "volunteers" meet to set the passing score for civil PE.. so guys and gals, start praying daily...

if my memory isn't deserting me then, the volunteers will be assembling on thursday night, and start the marathon on friday thru saturday. and mind u this is just for civil PE.. good luck all.

Back