Water Resources-Too Much Enviro

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Beth

If you took the water resources afternoon test, did you think there were way more than 35% environmental questions? I thought it was really environmentally heavy. It was a lot harder than I expected, in fact, I ran out of time and had to guess at a couple of questions.

If you took afternoon water resources, how did you think it went and did you think it was environmentally heavy?

If you took the water resources afternoon test, did you think there were way more than 35% environmental questions? I thought it was really environmentally heavy. It was a lot harder than I expected, in fact, I ran out of time and had to guess at a couple of questions.If you took afternoon water resources, how did you think it went and did you think it was environmentally heavy?
I'm not familiar with that specification but remember that if they ask an engineering econ question that happens to involve a scrubber or something environmental, they probably counted it as an engineering econ question and not an environmental question. Could there have been some questions like that?

I didn't think that it was too heavy in environmental, the Oct. 2006 test had way more environmental, but I thought that some of the environmental questions were too indepth/involved. Maybe they were just throwing more information than we needed into the questions. I also ran out of time and ended up best guessing on 5 questions.

I don't remember thinking that during the exam. All I remember thinking was that at about an hour left in the afternoon session I thought my brain had turned to mush and was going to ooze out of my nose and onto my answer sheet, thereby invalidating my answers. I'm sure a proctor would have told me to clean it up.

That's OK, I'm sure next time there will be to much geotech...

:f_115m_e45d7af: <--- what the heck is this supposed to be?

Beth --

I think if you look over the specifications for water resources and environmental, you might find a little overlap. For instance, water treatment is considered water resources while wastewater treatment is considered environmental. I think it is very easy to interchange some of the problems between environmental and water resources.

One other factor that seems to support the notions is that NCEES has respecified the exam to merge water resources and environmental.

While it may have seen overly grueling on environmental, I hope you still did well Beth.

JR

Back