"the other board" Sucks!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXengrChickPE

Here we go Steelers, here we go!
Reaction score
So, I have finally admitted after wasting 5 weeks of my time on WR problems (WR will be a grand total of 10% of my exam grade) that the Passing Zone from "the other board" is not going to help me pass this exam. At this point I have a pretty good study schedule going, so I don't think I need it for that any more. So, according to the website, August 16th is the last day to request a credit. But, there is no information on the website on how to go about requesting that credit. Also, no way of knowing how much I'll get. I don't really care that it's a credit instead of a refund, I'm sure I can find something on "the other board"'s list of books to spend any credit I get.

Has anyone requested a credit before? Know how it's done?

Thanks, and before I forget, :"the other board":

hey, why didn't the "the other board" sucks emoticon show up?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ 'The Other Board' icon hasn't been showing up for awhile. I think that is a project that is under construction :)

As far as requesting a refund, isn't there a customer service e-mail? I can't check because I am IP blocked :true:

JR

somebody was naughty... Mr. Lindeburg doesn't like people who say mean things about him, his books, or his review courses

^^^ Yeah, I was a bad boy. Indeed I said some unflattering things and spoke out against IP banning of other folks and discussions about lunch amongst other things at 'the other board'. I felt that there were MANY instances where potty humor had run amuck historically (or hysterically) before and corrected itself, whereas, the current policy appeared to take deliberate steps to censure folks who were trying to make the forum a better place. That just didn't sit well with me - not at a forum that touted professionalism above all else.

I am not sorry for any of the things I have said - I stand by those statements even today. I used to be a regular poster at 'the other board' and did a lot to contribute to that forum.

I am just glad that RG and company set up this forum that provides an honest, fair broker for preparing for the engineering exams and provides other tech-talk and recreational outlets to mingle with other like-minded engineers. And ... they don't even ask for any money like the 'other' engineering forums. :true:

I think my signature line says it all ... :D

JR

^^^ Yeah, but for me and a few other folks the emoticon comes out like this .... :sux:

Do you know what gives?

JR

Last edited:
so what does the other board smiley look like? someone send it to me and I will add it as a smiley

so what does the other board smiley look like? someone send it to me and I will add it as a smiley
It's in DVINNY's post. I think the issue is that whenever someone other than an admin uses the letters P P I next to each other, it is automatically replaced with "the other board". The name of the image is p-p-i.gif (without the dashes) So, when we type it, p-p-i gets replaced by "the other board" so the image link doesn't work.

It may work to just change the image name, maybe p-p-i.gif or sucks.gif?

I got ya. I put in the 'PPI replacement with 'the other board' a while back.

I'll go fix it.

TEST :sux:

Actually, I think it would be kinda funny if the only place you can see PP! on this board is when people are dishing on them. I'd rather have the name of the image file changed so those letters still always get replaced.

That's how it used to be set up. I felt bad for the old lads.

I can take the motion to the counsel and see what they say.

does wv work anymore?

And I think f'tard got turned off. that was some funny shiat!

Well, no refund for me. Apparently refunds -$50 admin fee can be issued during the first 2 weeks. During the next 2 weeks, you can withdraw from the course, but your "credit" automatically enrolls you for the following session's review course. Oh well.

:sux: hmm... that didn't work either

My concern is specifically with Mr. Lindeburg and "his books". Mr. Lindeburg is an Industrial Engineer, MS, PE. I have the following questions about his work:

1. He said that he is the author of all engineering references (civil, mechanical, industrial, electrical, etc..). Also establish that he is the author of books like 'Fire protection and explotion' among others. Is he an Engineer in every discipline??

2. For me, it is not possible that one guy can write a book for each and every engineering discipline and grant himself as the only author by placing just his name in every book.

3. There must be other engineers that colaborate, but their names are not on those front covers. Is this ethic???

4. Is Michael R. Lindeburg just a brand, a tradenmark???

Back