Hello everyone

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nishan

Reaction score
Hi I am nishan, currently planning NCEES PE exam to apply PE in Texas, Discipline: Electrical: Power exam. Any guide, reference materials, for me to  take note for Computer Base Test? Thanks in advance.

Welcome @nishan I would recommend you see this list from one of the top rated electrical PE review courses (I personally recommend) https://www.electricalpereview.com/recommended-references-resources-electrical-power-pe-exam/

If you do seek an online course, there are a few others available that have good results as well so I would suggest you do your research to see what you like best. Many give some free information or even free trials to allow you to try before you buy.

I personally am preparing with a majority of those on that list but I recommend you at least get these highlighted ones below. Some of the books have less expensive international versions that have the same content as the American edition, just different publishing and cover. I believe you can access the NFPA 70 for free online here as NFPA gives free access to that standard and a few others for public use. It is not searchable but you can use the table of contents to jump to different sections.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not searchable but you can use the table of contents to jump to different sections.
I def could not get the table of contents to work. And I had to click click click to page 170ish. I was not amoosed. 

I def could not get the table of contents to work. And I had to click click click to page 170ish. I was not amoosed. 
Yea it's not ideal. I am glad my company has paid access for us so I can use bluebeam and search but it is still limited in what I can and can't do with it. Especially when it comes to sharing code sections for projects.

Yea it's not ideal. I am glad my company has paid access for us so I can use bluebeam and search but it is still limited in what I can and can't do with it. Especially when it comes to sharing code sections for projects.
my company had it thru techstreet. and then nfpa did the "access it free on our website" and it's awful. thankfully the hardcopy arrived last week

Welcome @nishan I would recommend you see this list from one of the top rated electrical PE review courses (I personally recommend) https://www.electricalpereview.com/recommended-references-resources-electrical-power-pe-exam/

If you do seek an online course, there are a few others available that have good results as well so I would suggest you do your research to see what you like best. Many give some free information or even free trials to allow you to try before you buy.

I personally am preparing with a majority of those on that list but I recommend you at least get these highlighted ones below. Some of the books have less expensive international versions that have the same content as the American edition, just different publishing and cover. I believe you can access the NFPA 70 for free online here as NFPA gives free access to that standard and a few others for public use. It is not searchable but you can use the table of contents to jump to different sections.

View attachment 19452
Hi Dothracki, 

Thank you very much for your reference materials lists. I am very new to this forum, and currently try to applied all the paper work done before NCEES PE exam. 
I hope I can gather all the documents first (yellow highlight) either hard copy or soft copy (I prefer soft copy as we will sit at CBT) and can search with control+F.

One more question for you and all seniors: I am currently a professional engineer in British Columbia, Canada and I would like to apply PE in Texas with electrical: Power for the job requirement. To get some PE references to write supplementary experience records (SERs) with minimum 3 PE from US as per requirement, and I am thinking to contact some of the PE from US while we are working together a few years ago. I hope I can find the contacts. Or any suggestion? Thanks in advance. 

Back