November 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

structard

Reaction score
The long wait begins...

I made the mistake of scheduling my seismic exam for the beginning of the month.  I took it today and feel like I aced it but now I have to wait a full month for the results.  Passed surveying already so I am also waiting for my license.  

Good luck to all the candidates this month!

I’m scheduled for seismic on Nov 20...just got notice of the Survey today (pass). 

need to cram as much studying as possible in the next 10 days! I took the AEI class. Now I’m just doing the practice exams and the problems from the Hiner book. I’m starting to feel good, but I’m always running into problems where one of the code exceptions apply and I get it wrong. So many things to be looking out for in such a fast paced exam. 

The long wait begins...

I made the mistake of scheduling my seismic exam for the beginning of the month.  I took it today and feel like I aced it but now I have to wait a full month for the results.  Passed surveying already so I am also waiting for my license.  

Good luck to all the candidates this month!
Just wanted to know what you used for surveying prep. 

Thanks

Just wanted to know what you used for surveying prep. 

Thanks
I used Reza on-demand course and book for surveying.  It was just what I needed since I an a structural engineer and haven't taken a surveying course since around 2004.

I used the Hiner book for seismic and studied on my own.  I am pretty sure I passed, but we'll see.  Glad I didn't go for the extra cost of webinars.  I do this stuff every day so I didn't see more than a question or two on the test that I wasn't familiar with.

I’m scheduled for seismic on Nov 20...just got notice of the Survey today (pass). 

need to cram as much studying as possible in the next 10 days! I took the AEI class. Now I’m just doing the practice exams and the problems from the Hiner book. I’m starting to feel good, but I’m always running into problems where one of the code exceptions apply and I get it wrong. So many things to be looking out for in such a fast paced exam. 

Practice problems have always been the most effective study method for me.  FE, PE, SE, and now these CA tests. 

Don't try to memorize the exceptions.  That's not realistic.  Just always check each section or table you are using for exceptions before finalizing your answer.  Once you are used to doing that by habit you will catch most of them on the test. 

I found that the exceptions in my practice problems were a little trickier than what I saw on the test.  They definitely throw some in test, though, so you have to know how to apply them.

A lot of people have the same comment about reza’s book That it is good but lacks content, but I think one thing people don’t mention is he does give you his cell number. While I was studying I would call or text him multiple times and his explanation helped me out a lot. I passed the surveying exam first try. I highly recommend rezas class. 

A lot of people have the same comment about reza’s book That it is good but lacks content, but I think one thing people don’t mention is he does give you his cell number. While I was studying I would call or text him multiple times and his explanation helped me out a lot. I passed the surveying exam first try. I highly recommend rezas class. 
I agree.  Reza was great.  He called me on more than one occasion when an email was all I expected.  And when I didn't pick up he would text.  Great communication from him.  He seems to really care about his student's success.  

I took the surveying exam November 6th. Has anyone received exam results from the beginning of the month? Or should I expect to hear after thanksgiving?

Just took my Seismic exam. I went through the first time and solved the ones I knew for sure. By the time I took one round through all the questions, I felt confident on 35 or so. I went back the second time and solved maybe 15 more with a lesser degree of confidence. Then I straight up guessed on 5. 

So fingers crossed that I passed, but probably not confident enough to not be worried constantly until December 7 (my guess as to when results will be released)

Hello. Hope everybody on here who took the Surveying or Seismic exam pass for the month of November. 

I took my surveying exam on 11/20. Man, pretty upset at my performance. I was able to confidently solve 40 questions. (At least I feel very confident about my answers)

I flagged 15 total, 7 were pure guesses because I ran out of time, and 8 I was 50/50 on because of the awkwardness of some of those word questions, but I pray I got a few of those. But I could still miss a few even on the 40 I felt confident on, because I always miss a few from dumb mistakes when I took simulated exams. But anyway I thought the exam was not crazy difficult which was nice.

When I took seismic, I flagged 11 and pure guessed on 5 of those 11 questions and passed. I feel like I did worse on Surveying, so I prob failed, but who knows right?

Anybody have thoughts on this month’s surveying exam? How did you all feel about it? Oh, and I studied using CPESR and Reza’s book. I took all the practice exams from those classes and even took a Mansour exam. I felt that this combination was very nice and prepared me well. 

I just got the message below in an email from the board.  What a crazy year to try to get licensed (and do just about anything).  From closed testing sites to several postponed exam dates, having to pay to re-schedule, to this.

"Effective Monday, December 7, 2020, the Board Office will be closed to the general public until further notice. The office remains open for Board staff at this time, and we are working diligently to continue business as normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on implementing new technologies for our staff to work remotely and adhere to social distancing guidelines. We apologize for any delays in reaching our staff or potential delays in our processing times."

I hope everyone at the board is safe and healthy.  Also hoping this doesn't mean our results are delayed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the message below in an email from the board.  What a crazy year to try to get licensed (and do just about anything).  From closed testing sites to several postponed exam dates, having to pay to re-schedule, to this.

"Effective Monday, December 7, 2020, the Board Office will be closed to the general public until further notice. The office remains open for Board staff at this time, and we are working diligently to continue business as normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on implementing new technologies for our staff to work remotely and adhere to social distancing guidelines. We apologize for any delays in reaching our staff or potential delays in our processing times."

I hope everyone at the board is safe and healthy.  Also hoping this doesn't mean our results are delayed!
Thanks for the info. Hopefully all the work to get the scores prepared is done prior to monday and its just a matter of the e-mails going out.

giphy.gif

Back