October 2020 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLoneStarEngineer

Reaction score
I am not thinking about the results until the 2nd week of December and this thread was not created by me...  :waiting:

At 4:30 this morning while I was trying to get a baby back to sleep I thought to myself "Hey, its already been a week, only like 6-7 weeks to go."

I too have been very successful in keeping my mind off of the exam.  I'm sleeping well... not second guessing myself.  It's been great.

I walked out feeling pretty good.  With every day that passes I feel less confident.  I feel like I should already be studying for April.

I've figured out where I went wrong on a few morning questions, but I still feel like I had a good showing in the afternoon.  We'll see.

About one more month to go folks. While I thought I did generally well in both portions, one part each from two of the afternoon problems is where I could have explained myself much better. Last time I took the test, I missed by a few questions in the morning session. Hope this time its enough to cross the line.

How is everyone's waiting mode/limbo going? Are you still keeping up a light schedule of everyday study or got yourself busy with some other daily activity? 

With every passing day, I feel like I am losing time to study for the April exam so I have opened up my books and doing some light study.

How is everyone's waiting mode/limbo going? Are you still keeping up a light schedule of everyday study or got yourself busy with some other daily activity? 

With every passing day, I feel like I am losing time to study for the April exam so I have opened up my books and doing some light study.
I have not touched the things, except to grab things I need for work.

I had pretty consistently studied since July of 2019 for the April exam that got cancelled and continued until the October exam.  I really hit a wall around June so I am definitely not starting again until I see those results.  In the end, it just wasn't worth it.  I'll hit it hard for the 4 months after if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not touched the things, except to grab things I need for work.
Same. Like a lot of people here, I basically studied all year save for a couple of months off due to the April cancellation, so I'm holding out for some potential good news before cracking open another book. Instead, I'm filling my time with the hobbies I didn't have time for while studying and enjoying it while I can.

Since the PE results are not coming out until at least 3:00 PM- Dec 14, I think a realistic release date for SE results would be Wednesday- 12/16 with the PE results coming out a day before that. This week and weekend will be tough...

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know that the PE results are not going to be released before that date @TheLoneStarEngineer?
NCEES put out a notice to PE exam takers, release after the registration end date for January exam. Since we don't have a January exam or December 13th registration end date, I'm hoping SE is not effected, but I guess we will find out.

This was my prediction posted on another thread:

All things considered, I don’t think the results would be out before the latter part of the third week this year. 

In a chat with one of their reps this morning, they did mention that SE results are also affected per their January exam update meaning the results will come after the Dec 14 deadline. However, this could be wrong as the support reps do not always have up-to-date information about the results (Or they chose not to say?🤔). It would be great if we get results this week but I am not keeping my hopes up.

I plan on not even checking NCEES (its much more entertaining around this time to monitor this forum rather than NCEES). So just promise me everyone will freak out when the results come out. THEN I will go and check.

Back